43- Front Lines 2

Dain escourted us to the group waiting, scolding about how we need to look at the time instead of talking about ' frivelous' topics. I felt like I was 5 again.

He grumbles something before he walks more to the front of the line where Pike was about to start the tour. There were turrets on all 4 sides, a large empty space in the middle for what I think they use for training exercises, then the barracks where we stayed in, a stables for the dragons, a small building they call their lunch room and black smiths for all the weapons they could need.

" And this base is set up like this so we're ready for any attack. All closely knit, all accessible. Here we have 12 riders, 6 patrol, 6 stand by and rest. This obviously excludes us in Command here."

Just as he says this, 3 of the riders fly just overhead so low I thought they might hit us, talking loudly, even laughing. One looks down, one I know all to well, one that brought me to the Turret and made me promise her I'd be alright. 

Mira.

I see her eyes widen so wide like saucers, " Freya!"

She makes her dragon dip just a little, doing this jump off only a show off and someone as experienced as Mira could do, landing so effortlessly I almost wanted to scoff at her. But my emotions get in the way as well as I run to her, not caring if anyone sees this side of me.

I haven't seen my sister for almost a year. And I missed her so damned much.

I fling into her arms, she holds me in one of her death grips that she'd always had. " Your ok."

" I'm ok." I whisper back, almost on the verge of tears though I will not let any fall today. " Freya! get back here!" Dain calls following me, obviously pissed I ran away from our little  tour.

Mira looks up " Oh, loosen up your belt Aetos!" now holding me with one arm, " Get over here!" She snatches him up as well squeezing us both so tight I was smashed against Dain's chest and Mira's.

" How have you two been? Alright? Keeping each other safe I presume?"

If only she knew the half of it....

I could tell her right now what a pain Dain has been, how insensitive and cold he's gotten. " Umm.." He says looking down at me, knowing damn well what I was thinking.

" Fine. It's been quite the year but we're still here." I say quickly, taughtly.. Mira of course noticed as Dain and I look at eachother then her. She squints...scanning us over.

" WHAT did you two DO.." She says slowly.

" What didn't you two do that night?" Rhys's laugh rings out in my head, I almost yelled for him to shut up, obviously I made some sort of face because's Mira's face contorted into an annoyed smile. 

" I thought I told you NO second years!" She hisses punching me lightly. " And Aetos! Your lucky we have a crowd otherwise I might actually castrate you!"