66- Dead Anyways

I stare out to the water blankly, it hurt to even think at the moment...

Venin....Venin exsist? Navarre is pulling away from helping, what we use to fuel our wards is the one thing that can...kill a venin..

I look around out small camp at the gryphon riders, taking them in. This will probably be the first and last time I see them face to face considering I might be dead in the next 24 hours.

I just now realized everyone here...was a marked child.

How didn't I notice that before? How did they get that past everyone in the school?

I sigh putting my head back in my hands... what the hell do I even do now... I wince, the shackles on me bite into my skin, the bracelets are making me feel tired as hell too. I clench and unclench my fists, I feel heat behind me and the reflection of gold scales.

Anadarna lets out almost like a purr as she lays behind me, giving a small nudge. " I really don't feel like talking to you." I mumble.

" I know." She responds sadly, " But I just want to let you know I don't regret it. Seeing you, you helping me, me going to Threshing. Even when I saw you walk through the Valley, your the only one that didn't say anything bad. I wanted you then, I've waited for you."

"  And yet you kept it a secret. You both did."

" I answer to Rhys first. He said I couldn't, he wanted to as well but Segyl... The only thing stronger then a bond between a rider he said is a bond between mates... And feathertails answer to mature dragons. I'm sorry.... I- we never wanted to hurt you. We all love you."

I stay silent, feeling the hotness rise to my face once more and the blur of tears, Andarna puurs once more laying her head on my lap curling herself around me in almost a warm embrace which felt to comforting despite my  anger with her and Rhys.

Everyone for that matter.

" Do your hands hurt?" 

I look up to see Xaden looking down at me with a careful expression. " I can take them off."

" Even these bracelets?" I ask monotoned staring at him with no expression.

" Yes... if you promise not to run."

I laugh, " Yea, like I'd make it far. Everyone here works blindly to you and my dragons seem to answer to yours so.... Yea Riorson. I won't run, not like I'd have anywhere to go anyways... I publicly chose you guys infront of Dain anyways. If I don't die here surely I'll get killed for treason or some shit once we get back."

Xaden tenses at this, " I'm not letting anything happen to you."

" Oh, I feel so safe."

He sighs bending down. " There's been more attacks, the Fliers have been patrolling, the Venin are heading in the direction of Draithus, it's about 3 hours from Althebyne... There's a post there.."