72- Is To Sacrifice Life

The Gruttal roar of Tairn makes loose pebbles fall to the floor of the valley where we're in.

" How do we get out?!" Hetta asks frantically.

There was another billow of smoke and the putrid smell of burning flesh and death as he circles. " We need to hide!" Xaden demands, " They're looking."

There were more screams, more crying, I hear mothers crying for their children, for their loved ones, brothers, sisters, friends for friends. Everything is screaming at me and just try to help them.

Xaden seems to notice this as well. " We tried. Now, we need to try to get the hell out of here-"

" And go where?!" I snap. " Back to Navarre? Go running to my mother? Tell her?"

" No. I have somewhere else. Somewhere were we need to tell them they have Tairn." He answers.

" Yea? And where's that?!"

He closes his mouth making me chuckle. " More secrets? Great..."

" Now is not the time Fury. Once we survive this-"

" IF WE SURVIVE!"

" There's still hope!" He hisses, " Now is not the time to fight about this? We're exposed! I'll tell you everything Freya but NOW is not the time! Let's move!"

There was a cave literally eye shot from us. Garrick and Bohdi went first making sure no reborns were lurking... then we go in. Just enough time to all cram before there was the roar and gust of wind, smelling of rotting flesh from Tairn.

" I thought he died." Imogen states. " In the Vale."

The dragons seem to be communicating, looking at one another, looking to have an quarrel.

" I mean he died... Almost two months ago. We would've have heard something before then right?" Hetta adds.

"Rhys?" I ask.

" My brother was aiding outside of the Navarrian boarders. I could feel him fall."

" What killed him... he's...Massive."

" I suppose the same things that nearly just took all our lives. Normally he went alone." Rhsy says gravely. " We knew but knew it would create unwanted attention to our cause so The Empyrean decided to keep it quiet."

" All the dragons knew." I blurt, looking around. " He died outside of Navarre. They decided to keep quiet."