Finally!!

Maya has been doing great since the accident. Well I shouldn't say that it was an accident since Justin did it on purpose. I was laying in Maya's bed just staring at the ceiling and listening to her heart monitor beep. "Sawyer?" My uncle Ryan said. "What's up?" "Maya's been doing really great and progressing perfectly. So she should wake up really soon. Maybe even today. But she can't go home for a while after she wakes up." "Okay. And do you think she is going to live?" I asked him. "Most likely will." "Thank you uncle Ryan." "For what?" He asked. "Everything. And taking care of not only Maya but me too." "Anytime Sawyer. I love you." "I love you too." I said.

He walked out and I sat there with Maya. I sat up and decided to get a shower. I walked into the bathroom and I started the water and I got it to the way that I want it. Warm and good. I hopped in and I started to wash my hair and my body. I was in the middle of my shower when there was a knock on the door. "Hello?" I asked. "Sawyer!!" My mom yelled. "Mom what's wrong??!!" I said frantically. "Maya's awake!! She wants you!!" "I'll be right out I'm finishing up!!" I yelled. "Okay. Hurry!!" "Okay." I said and hurried.

I hopped out of the shower and dried off really quickly. I got dressed and I ran into Maya's room. "Maya!!" I yelled. "Now be careful Sawyer she's very weak." My mom said. I nodded my head and I walked to her bed. "Maya?" "Sawyer." She said quietly. "You remember me?" I asked. "Yes." "Good. I was so afraid that you wouldn't remember me. I'm so glad your awake." I said. "But sawyer...I don't remember what happened. I only remember you because you were my last memory." She said. "Guys can I have a minute alone with Maya?" I asked my family. "Of course. But sawyer?" My mom asked. "Yeah?"

"If she doesn't remember don't pressure her." She said. "Okay I won't." I said. They walked out and I sat there with Maya. "So what happened?" She asked me. "Maya...you um got...shot." I said. "Oh. I could hear what was said to me and about me." "Good. Because Maya I want you to know that I really like you and I didn't leave this hospital." I said. "You stayed with me?" "Of course. Maya I wouldn't leave you. I'm here for you always. You know that right?" I asked her. "Yeah. Thank you sawyer." "Your welcome Maya." I said.

"Can we cuddle together?" She asked. "Yes. I would love to cuddle with you." I said. "Thank you." "No problem." I said. I hopped in bed with her and I got under the covers with her and I put my head in the crook of her neck. "I'm glad I remembered you." She said. "Believe me I am too." I said. She giggled at that and held me tight and we just laid there. I thought about how lucky I am to have Maya in my life and how God gave me such a miracle that I'm not even that sure i deserved.

I fell asleep for a little nap but woke up about 30 minutes later. Maya woke up too. "Hello princess." I said. "Hi" "How are you feeling?" I asked. "Okay I guess." "Good. Are you hungry?" I asked her. "A little." "Okay. I'm going to go and get Aric to come and keep you company while I go and get you some food." I said. "Okay that's fine." She said. I walked down to the 1st floor into the cafeteria. My family was down there. "Hey sweetie how is Maya?" My mom asked me. "She's great. And she remembered me!!" I squealed. "That's great." Aric said.

"Yup. And Aric will you please go and keep Maya company while I get her some breakfast?" I asked him. "Yeah sure." "Thank you." "No problem." He said and walked off. I went to the station where all the food is and I grabbed a plate. I put an orange juice and some oatmeal and an apple on the plate.

When I was finished I paid for the food and I took it to Maya's room. "Hey." I said. "Hey." Maya replied. "Thank you Aric." I said. "No problem little bro." He said and walked out of the room. "I got your food." I said. "Thank you." I smiled at her. I put her plate on her little table that's attached to her bed. "Come here." She said. I walked over to her. "Lean down." She said. I did. "You didn't have to do this for me. I appreciate this so much. More than you will ever know.