The Pain Of Loss

Maya's P.O.V.
"No Sawyer." I heard Carson say in a deep voice.

"Please Carson, I have to see her. She's carrying our baby." Sawyer begged.

"She's carrying Justin's baby." Carson corrected.

"Look, I just want to see her. I miss her so much."

"I'm sorry Sawyer. But I'm not the one to make that call. Maya is. And she's asleep." Carson said.

"Okay. Well when she wakes up, can you have her call me?" I heard Sawyer ask.

"Will do. Bye Carson."

"Bye." Carson said ending the call.

I lifted my head slowly and tried to act sleepy.

"Good morning." I said smiling.

"I knew you were awake." He replied.

"Thank you for lying to him." I said.

"You're welcome. I didn't think you wanted to speak to him yet." He replied.

I laid my head back on his chest.

"What's the plan now?" He asked.

"I have no idea. When did you get back?"

"Early yesterday morning. Like 3:00." He said.

"I got in yesterday around 2:00." I replied.

"Well, I'm sure you heard that Sawyer wants to talk to you." He said.

"Yeah, I heard."

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"I really don't know. When I'm with him, I feel stressed now. I used to feel safe and secure. Now I feel like I'm being watched and I can't be my own person. Do you know what I mean?" I asked looking at him.

"No. I don't let people tell me what to do. I do what I want, when I want. But I bet it sucks." He replied. I smiled and looked at the morning sky.

"It's beautiful out here." I said.

"That's why I love it." He replied.

Carsons P.O.V.
Have you ever had that feeling when something you kind of care about starts to hurt, then you start hurting right along with it. That's how I feel right now. I care a little bit about Maya, but I don't care so much that I love her. She's so small, when I look at her, I feel like she is so fragile and can break like a porcelain doll.

"What are you thinking about?" Maya asked me popping me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing." I replied lying.

"I don't believe you, but okay." She said.

"I have an idea." I said.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Let's go get coffee at that place I took you to. You look like you need to get some air." I suggested.

"Yeah, coffee sounds really good right now. I think the baby's hungry." She said rubbing her stomach.

"Let's go get some food then." I replied getting up and reaching my hand out to her.

"Thanks." She said taking my hand.

45 Minutes Later...
Maya and I just got to the coffee shop and I'm extremely hungry.

I got off the bike and helped Maya off. I got a short look at Maya and her stomach is growing quite a lot. There's no denying now that when you look at her, you know she's pregnant.