Here We Go Again

Sawyers P.O.V.
Me and the kids are currently watching the tigers when I get a text from an unknown number.

'Get home. There's a surprise waiting for you there cowboy.' Read the text. Cowboy, there's only one person who's ever called me that, and I know exactly who that is.

"Kids we have to go." I told Mariah who was currently holding Marcus.

"But why?" She asked.

"There's something at home." I said simply not wanting to go into too much detail. She nodded and we rushed to the truck. The ride home was silent, which is good, giving me time to think. I got to the house in half the time due to my adrenaline. Once we got home I told the kids to stay in the truck and to not get out just incase something dangerous was inside.

I took my gun out of my glovebox.

"Sawyer?" Mariah asked me looking at the gun.

"Everything's going to be okay I promise."

"Is she d-dead?" She asked me with tears in her eyes.

"I-i don't know sweetie." I replied trying not to cry myself.

"Please don't leave me forever Sawyer!" Mariah sobbed.

"Hey! I'll never leave you, understand that?" I told her sternly. She nodded her head.

"Okay. I'll be right back." I said acting calm trying to believe the words that had just come out of my mouth.

I walked up to the door to find it open.

I walked all around the house with my gun held up. I searched the whole house but me and Maya's room.

When I got there I found her on the floor with a slightly large gash on her head, but she was clothed. I rushed to her after I put the gun on the table. I checked her pulse, she's breathing. I picked her up and took her out to the truck.

"Sawyer what happened!?" Mariah asked panicking.

"It's okay. She'll be fine. I'm taking her to the hospital to get checked out." I replied speeding to the emergency hospital.

Once we got there, the doctors rushed Maya into a room. I stayed out in the hall with the kids and called my mom.

"Hello Sawyer." My mother answered.

"Hey. I need you to come and pick up the kids." I said.

"Of course, but why?"

"I'm at the hospital with Maya." I replied.

"What!? Is she okay?"

"She's fine mom relax." I assured.

"Okay. Well you can explain to me what happened when I get there. I love you." She said.

"Love you too mom." I Replied and hung up.

"Sawyer why can't I be with you?" Mariah asked me.

"Because this is a serious matter and I need you two to go. But everything will be fine." I said. She nodded her head sadly and sat down in a chair holding Marcus.

A few minutes later my mom showed up and took the kids. I explain to her what happened and she understood.

And then a male doctor walked up to me.

"Mr Fredericks?"

"Yes sir that's me." I replied.

"Maya would like to see you now." He said. I nodded and followed him into the room.

"I'll leave you two." He said and walked off.

"What happened to me?" She asked.

"I don't totally know. I just know that I got a text from an unknown number while I was at the zoo with the kids saying to come home and that there was a surprise. So when I got home I told the kids to stay in the truck. I grabbed my gun and went inside. I searched the whole house until I found you on the floor in our bedroom. You had a gash on your forehead. You were clothed so I think that you just fell out of bed. I took you to the hospital and my mom took the kids." I replied filling her in on what had happened. She nodded her head understandingly.

"I remember." She said.

"What exactly do you remember?" I asked.

"Justin came to the house." She said. I immediately tensed up.

"He- he did this to you!?" I yelled.

"Sawyer please calm dow-"

"No Maya! I'm done being calm! I've tried to be calm long enough! But when this asshole keeps coming to my house and hurting the people I love, that's when I draw the line. So I want everyone to stop telling me to stay calm!" I yelled. Maya was crying because of me.

"Maya in sor-"

"Go." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"I said go." She replied not even looking at me.

"Maya I can't leav-"

"Damnit Sawyer I said go away!" She screamed at me. I was shocked at this, but I obeyed. I left the room, and didn't come back.

Maya's P.O.V.
I am sobbing right now. I got raped again. Justin must have put my clothes back on to hide evidence. I can't tell Sawyer. He'll go and retaliate against Justin and that's not what I want. I don't want anyone else to get hurt. I screamed at him to go away. And now I don't know when or if he's going to come back.

Sawyers P.O.V.
Fine. If that's what she wants, then that's what it'll be. If she doesn't want me anymore, than fine. We've been having problems for weeks, and it all led up to this. I try to help her, but she pushes me away. Fine, let it be. If she doesn't want me anymore than I have to except it. I love her so much, but she pushed me away. And this time, she pushed too far...