Driving Away

Maya's P.O.V.
Sawyers been acting really weird lately. Whenever I go to kiss him, he just walks away and ignores me. And anytime I've tried to talk to him about it, he just shoots it down and changes the topic of conversation. I'm in the kitchen right now fixing me a pizza for me and Sawyer because the kids are at Sawyers parents house for the day. So I thought that now would be a great time to bring up what's been going on.

I took the pizza out of the oven and set it on top of the stove when Sawyer walked into the kitchen ignoring me and not having any eye contact with me. He grabbed a slice of pizza and sat at the table, alone.

"Sawyer?" I whispered looking at him. Nothing. He didn't look at me or say anything.

"Please, just say something." I said with a tear threatening to spill from my eyes.

Not a word.

"You don't love me anymore do you?" I whispered.

He looked at me this time. But his expression held disgust and anger.

"You don't." I said another time.

He walked closer and closer to me until he stood right in front of me, his face inches from mine. Finally, maybe he still does love me.

"Sawyer, I love you." I said with a small smile.

Sawyer looked at me disgusted and walked back to our room. What just happened? Is it something I did?

"Sawyer?" I asked walking to the room. I stood by the doorway watching him. He's, packing a bag?

"W-what are you doing?" I asked.

"Leaving."

"What, why?" I asked tears softly rolling down my cheeks.

"I can't stay here with you." He said.

"What did I do?"

"Nothing." He replied.

"I-i don't understand." I said crying.

"It's best for both of us." He replied walking past me with a bag full of clothes and other supplies.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Somewhere."

"What about the baby? Mariah  and Marcus?"

"They'll be fine. Enroll them in school. Give them a good life. Bye Maya. Good luck." He said walking out the door, and my life.

"Sawyer!" I screamed. I couldn't handle this. He said that he'd never leave me. He lied to me, just like Justin. And to think that maybe he would be different. Why can't I just be happy?

I knelt to the floor and cried. Slowly the cries got louder and harder.

Sawyers P.O.V.
I have to leave. I can't hurt her anymore. She deserves better than me. She'll be fine. Right? I stood leaning on the door outside, crying. I don't want to do this to her. But it's something that I have to do. She'll only be okay, if I do this. I cause her too much hurt. I have to get out of her life, this time for a long time. I need to learn how to not love her anymore, and that's going to be the hardest thing that I'll ever have to do in my life.

Aric's P.O.V.
It's getting worse. My feelings for her, they're quickly getting stronger for her. I've always loved her, but this feeling is different. She's his, not mine. I need to quit feeling this way.

I'm laying on my bed in my room right now on my phone when I get a call from Sawyer.

"Hey bro, what's up?" I asked.