The Morning After

Mariah's P.O.V.
I woke up with a feeling of confusion and horror. I was abused again, by people I thought that I could trust again. But I guess that the saying is true, people never change. I sat up in bed and slowly stretched my arms only to bring them back down due to the severe pain I endured last night. I rubbed the left side of my body. My rib really hurts due to the fact that Bekki threw me against the wall last night.

I slowly got out of bed and walked into my bathroom. I looked into my mirror and started to tear up. I quickly wiped away my tears and brushed my teeth. When I finished up with my morning routine, I walked into the hallway and walked to the other side of the hallway and walked into Marcus's room. He was just holding his head up and looking around the room until his eyes landed on mine.

"Good morning baby boy." I said. He smiled at me as just giggled. I walked over to him and picked him up out of his crib.

"Mama." He said. I smiled and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Yeah honey, mamas finally here. Right back where she belongs, right with my baby boy." I said.

After I got him dressed into a little onesie that said If You Think I'm Cute You Should See My Mommy.

After that, I walked into the kitchen with Marcus in my hip. I set him down in his highchair so that I could fix him some breakfast. I don't hear any noise so I guess that Maya and Sawyer are still asleep.

I fixed Marcus some bananas and his juice in his sippy cup.

I walked over to him and set his bananas down and his juice. He ate as I fixed me some cereal. As me and Marcus were eating I heard a door open. I saw sawyer walk out.

"Did we wake you?" I asked. He smiled and shook his head.

"No, I was already awake. It was just to cold to get out of that warm bed. So don't worry." He replied with a smile. I returned the smile and he went to fix him some cereal as well.

"So, what are the plans for today?" I asked.

"We have to go to the grocery store." He replied. I nodded and finished up my cereal. When I was done I put it in the sink.

A few minutes later, Maya woke up.

She was in her pajamas with her hair in a messy bun. She came and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I personally hate morning breath so I was happy that she had brushed her teeth.

"Good morning kiddos." She said with a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning Maya!" I said. She walked over to Sawyer and hugged him. She gave him a kiss on his cheek and said good morning. She got herself some oatmeal with fruit. We were all sat down. But I didn't stay sitting.
I soon got up and cleaned up Marcus then lifted him out of his seat to go and turn on a kid movie for him and put him in his play pin with some toys so that I could clean up the kitchen.

I was about to turn on the water when Sawyer said something.

"Mariah, honey you don't have to clean up. I can handle it. I shook my head.

"No. Believe me I owe you big time. After everything that you've done for me, this is the very least that I could do." I informed. He smiled and just nodded his head.

I turned on the water and put all the dirty dishes I to the dishwasher and wiped down the counter. As soon as I was done, I went to get dressed.

I opened up my draws and got out a really pretty pink shirt with some jeans on. I reached down to grab my boots that were on the side of my dresser and grabbed some socks. I put on my socks and boots and headed into the bathroom.

I brushed put my hair and braided it to the side. As soon as I was done I went to go and check in Marcus.

I walked out to see him so engrossed into his Despicable Me movie to not even realize that I was standing there. I just laughed and sat down next to him. He finally realized that I was there and looked at me. He smiled and giggled at me. His laugh I've always thought was the cutest thing ever.

"Hey buddy." I said and handed him his car. Of course as any other baby does, he put it into his mouth. I laughed and tickled his belly gently. While me and Marcus were playing, sawyers phone went off. I looked over to see who it was.

I heard him say something about Bekki and Jordan. And I think me going to spend the day with sawyers mom. He came back out and I got up to go and see what's going on.

"Sawyer? Who was that?" I asked. He looked at me with a faint smile.

"That was my mom. She wants you to go shopping and just have a girls day with her today if that's okay with you?" He informed but coming out as more of a question.

"I'd love to. But what about Marcus?" I asked.

"We'll take him. Don't worry about a thing." Maya said. I nodded.

"Thanks guys!" I said. They nodded.

"My mom will be here in 20 minutes." Sawyer said.

"Okay." I said and walked back to Marcus waiting for Kirsten to get here.

Maya's P.O.V.
Sawyer? What is the phone call about really?" I asked. He looked at me.

"My moms helping me take care of Mariah while we go to the police station." He replied.

"W-why?" I asked.

"We're going to go and put those two bastards that put my family in fear in danger behind bars where they belong." He replied...

Hey guys!! So first off,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Or whatever you guys celebrate, merry -------------!!

So this chapter wasn't that interesting but I promise next weeks chapter will be much more interesting. So I really hope that you guys enjoyed it. I love you all!

QOTD:
What's your guys's favorite TV show?

Stay lovely my babes! ~Amanda.