Bitter Sweet

6:30
"Present time!" Kirsten's said.

"Okay." Sawyer said.

Dinner was great. The steaks tastes amazing.

"Who first?" I asked.

"Me!" Skylar said.

He brought me this extremely heavy bag.

"It's just a little something for your room.

I opened the bag and pulled out this beautiful picture frame of Kirsten, Carl, Aric, Sky, Sawyer, Mariah, Marcus and me at the farm in front of this big oak tree last Christmas.

"Awe Sky! This is beautiful! I love it so much!" I said getting up to hug him.

"I'm glad you like it. I like that it has all of the family in it." He said.

"Me too."

"Now who?" Sky asked.

"Me!" Aric said.

He brought me a medium sized bag.

"Open it." He said.

I opened it and it was a shirt that said #1 Sister.

"Awe! This is adorable. Thanks Aric." I said.

"Your welcome." He said.

"Okay. Now me and dad!" Kirsten said.

She handed me a small bag.

I opened it and it was a necklace.

"Oh guys! This is gorgeous really!" I said admiring the silver necklace that was a heart.

"We're glad that you like it honey. We love you." Carl said.

"I love you guys too." I said and went to hug them both.

When I sat back down, Ben left the room.

I was confused until he came back with something behind his back.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Now I told you, this isn't just from me. Just listen to it." He said and handed it to me.

I pressed the black button and a tape stared to play.

"Happy birthday baby girl!" My moms voice came through the recorder. I instantly started to cry.

"We hope that your having an amazing birthday. This is meant for you to hear when your dad and me are no longer here." My moms voice came through.

"Hi sweetie, it's your dad. I'm so proud of the woman you have become. I couldn't think of a better gift than you. You are so special to me baby girl. I cherished the moments I had with you, tucking you in, checking for monsters under your bed, taking you to school, and shopping. Happy birthday my angel Maya. I love you!" My dads voice said.

"Hey squirt! Happy birthday, I'm lucky to be your brother, and for you to be my sister. No matter how many fights we've had, I love you, and I hope you have the best day ever." Bens voice said last, then the tape ended.

I was crying and so was everybody else in the room.

I walked to Ben and gave him a big hug putting my head in his neck.

"Thank you Ben." I said.

"Your welcome princess." He said and kissed my cheek.