09. Two Hearts As One

Pentagrams are an almost ancient way to work energy, most people and even demons refer to as 'magic'. This energy can be of different sources. Even modern electricity.

But right now, this source is Alastor's whole body. So the friends worked according to the book, Millie found, and drew a huge pentagram on Stolas' living room floor, using a mixture of Blitz', Stolas' and mostly Alastor's blood for it. Then they also carved new pentagrams into each one wrist and both wrists of the radio demon.

Now they're sitting there, cross-legged on either side of Alastor's hip in the huge pentagram, just breathing for a while now already. They need to focus. But...

„Fuck, this is harder than I thought!" groans Blitz, shifting again, then he glances at Stolas, „Are you really sure you want to do this?"

The owl-demon, who's much calmer than Blitz, having his breathing under control for quite a while now already, opens his eyes again, looking at his fiancé, smiling softly, „I am, Dear."

„Good... Good..." Blitz moves his head and shakes out his shoulders, now looking at the two smaller demons standing on his side of the pentagram. They're holding hands and Blitz can sense their tension.

„Whatever happens, remember, you two mustn't..."

„...enter the pentagram or touch any of you in any way. Yes, we know, Blitz," assures Millie gently for the x-th time now already.

„Yeah... Good. Don't forget it when it gets serious!" Blitz looks at Moxxie, noticing the way his tail twitches relentlessly and realizing just now that his own does the same, „Mox. It will be okay. Don't worry about us."

„Neither of you is completely fit yet, you're both emotionally unstable and you, Sir, are not even able to calm your thoughts. Of course, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?!" Moxxie grits his teeth, looking aside and squeezing Millie's hand even tighter.

„Come on, Moxxie. These are our usual working conditions, aren't they?!" Blitz offers him a feeble smile, wishing for nothing more than to hug his best friend now, but he knows that if he leaves the pentagram now, he probably won't be able to force himself back into it. Not out of fear for himself...but for Stolas. And Alastor...

His eyes move to the unconscious, feverish demon on the ground. If they don't act soon, he'll be lost...

Blitz feels a shudder in his body. He needs to pull himself together!

„Blitz..." Stolas gently takes his hand, holding and squeezing it without moving their position further, but searching his lover's eyes, „I'm here. We can do this. Together."

Blitz feels his heartbeat slowing down. He holds on tight to Stolas' hand and exhales slowly, then he nods, locking eyes with the owl-demon again. His next question isn't just about their current situation. His voice an almost pleading whisper, „You're not letting go of my hand, are you?"

„Never."

Another shaky exhale, then Blitz nods, finally managing to relax, „Okay. Let's do this."

They don't let go of each other when they now each place their carved wrist onto Alastor's.

For a split second nothing happens, but then Blitz can feel a burst of heat rushing from Alastor's body into his own where they are connected. He doesn't move a single muscle, although the pain is barely bearable. He can hear his own blood rushing in his ears but forces himself to remain calm and breathe.

The pain ends as suddenly as it started and is replaced by a pleasantly warm feeling spreading in his entire body now. Blitz at first tries to compare this feeling to doing drugs or the pleasant start of getting drunk... But he soon realizes this is completely different although it feels similar.