58. ...Always A Traitor

„You really had them wrapped around your finger. I'm almost impressed..." Vox chuckles and stands up from where he's been kneeling next to the bound Moxxie, Millie and owl-demon, who's staring at the radio demon with tears in his eyes.

„A-Al... Please... Where...is Blitz?"

„The better question is – where are the two Deadly Sins?! And the two girls and the baby?!" Striker growls and draws his holy knife, walking over to the bound demons on the ground.

Alastor's eyes are just as expressionless as before and they move from Stolas to Vox again, „I lured them to protect the children in the library and locked them in, sealing the room with runes, allowing no portal usage or brute force there to bust open the doors or leave the room in any way."

„See, Striker?! You need to learn to trust!" Vox chuckles and claps his hands, „Then let's go, pick up our price! By the way, when will our man be here?"

„He said he has to finish his business meeting, but afterwards, he'll join us. Whatever that means."

„Hm. I'm not a man fond of waiting. Let's go. Alastor, be a 'Deer' and lead the way."

A short nod and then the radio demon turns to the stairs.

„Alastor!" Stolas manages to cry out louder now, „Please! Whatever Vox told you... You're NOT like this! You don't have to do this! Please..."

The overlord stops in his tracks and shortly glances at the prince.

For a split second, hope flares up in Stolas' eyes.

„I merely am, what I've always been."

„That's BULLSHIT! You weren't like that when we've been together the past few months!" Moxxie glares at him, still wiggling, trying to free himself from his ropes.

And Millie begs, „You HAVE to push through whatever Vox did to brainwash you!"

„I feel insulted! I want nothing but for Alastor to finally reach his full potential and understand what he can become," Vox grins.

„Through a loser like you?!" spats Moxxie with audible mock, „Guys like you are BOUND to fail!"

„Since when are YOU so tough at talking, Vermin?!" growls Striker and pushes his knife against the smaller imp's throat now.

„Since when are YOU so afraid of a proper fight, JERK?!"

„Wow. It's so boring watching you argue... Know what? Why don't you stay here and relieve some of that obviously pent up frustration of yours on these idiots?" Vox grins, „While Al and I take care of the bigger ones..."

„Wait," Striker suddenly turns away from Moxxie again and steps closer to Vox, lowering his voice, „Stolas got infected by your cursed wire as well! And he's got no voodoo! You said that..."

„You are ACTUALLY worried about Stella, huh?!" Vox laughs out loudly, but then his face takes on a dangerous frown, „But I told you how the barbed wire works. Neither you, nor your new girlfriend have ever been in danger of catching the curse."

„She's NOT my..."

„So DON'T..." Vox suddenly grabs Striker's neck and glares at him, „...EVER doubt my power! Know your place Striker. Or I'll remember of just how LITTLE use you actually are for me, PET."

Striker grits his teeth, the hand, holding the knife tightening his hold, making it appear for a split second, as if he wants to jam it into the sinner. But then he growling drops his knife, „Yes, Vox."

„Good boy," Vox chuckles, then he pushes the cowboy away and puts a hand onto the radio demon's shoulder instead, „Now, where were we..."

„Alastor. Please tell me, that he's okay!" Stolas manages to sit up now, his eyes pure panic.