61. How To Declutter Fear

„B-Blitzy..." Stolas throws his head from side to side, whimpering and digging his fingers into the sheets.

„Shush... Stolas. Hey... Wake up, Babe..." Blitz gently cups his cheek, caressing his face, trying to wake his husband up for a few seconds now already, „Please, Love. Wake up."

„P-Please stop! D-Don't hurt him! Blitz! Blitz, y-you n-need to get up! P-Please... G-Get up..." tears are streaming down the owl-demon's face.

„Fuck, Sto, snap out of it!" Blitz, already holding the crying Astrea wrapped up in his tail in the air, away from the bed now starts slapping his partner's face gently, „Stolas!"

„Blitz... I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sor-"

Blitz desperately shuts the other off by kissing him deeply. He only pulls back when his head already starts to swirl with lack of oxygen and Stolas gasps out and panting looks around with huge, scared eyes.

„B-Blitz?" the owl-demon is trembling badly, his body rigid with obvious panic.

„I'm here, I'm here. Shush. It's okay, Sto. Everything is okay..." Blitz quickly sits down and cradles the shaking, crying demon in his lap, rocking him gently, „Breathe, Love. It's okay."

Stolas' hand shaking comes up, searching for the imp's face and cupping it, „Y-You a-are o-o-okay?!?"

„Yes, Sweetie. I'm perfectly fine. Here," Blitz grabs the shaking, far too cold hand of the owl-demon and places it onto his own heart side, „Feel that? All alive and beating for you. I'm here, my Love."

Stolas nods hastily but then he whimpers and his chest starts contracting and he heaves.

„Fuck, fuck, fuck. Easy!" Blitz quickly helps him to sit up, holding him upright, blindly reaching for the drawer of the bedside table fishing out a roll of waste bags that they stored there weeks ago for Blitz' morning sickness and other emergencies. Opening one bag, he holds it for his husband, soothingly rubbing his back, „Breathe. Shush..."

A few minutes later, Stolas' body has recovered from the fit, but he's still trembling violently and...

„You're ice cold... Oh, Sto..." Blitz worriedly wraps him up in a blanket and feels his forehead, „You had a nightmare that threw you right into a panic attack... It's okay, Babe. We're both all right..."

„B-Blitz... A-Astrea...is crying..." Stolas' eyes move around the room a little unfocused.

„She's okay as well, don't worry! Just...worried for her dad..." Blitz moves his tail and brings their daughter close to his husband now, carefully nuzzling their faces together while gently taking his partner's wrist in his hand to feel his pulse.

„Hm," Stolas manages a weak smile, tears glistening in his eyes, „It... It was just a nightmare... You... You didn't get...shot by Stella..."

„No, Sweetie. Stella's in prison and not coming out of there anytime soon. I am perfectly all right and feeling well!" Blitz' nose wiggles, „Better than you by a long shot... Can I do anything to make you feel better?"

„Just...hold me... I...feel like my heart is...tearing itself apart right now. I..." Stolas can't help but cry even more, „Please, Blitz, I... I need to feel you're okay!"

„Babe, shush... Of course. I'm right here..." the imp unwraps Stolas enough to slip under the blanket now as well, gently putting their daughter into Stolas' arms now, while wrapping himself around his husband, making sure he senses he's okay.

The owl-demon's breathing slows down a little after a few minutes, just like his heartbeat and Astrea stops crying as well, cooing softly and nuzzling against her father's chest.