07. I Will Wait For You

„...Blitzy..." murmurs Stolas in his sleep, before his eyes fly open and he sits up, „Blitz?!"

It takes him two seconds to realize that Blitz isn't in the bedroom. He shortly glances at Alastor who's still passed out. Then he quickly hurries out of the bedroom.

„Blitz?!" Stolas' heart is beating rapidly, his imagination already running wild with Blitz having passed out somewhere and now slowly freezing to death because he's once again losing his energy for some reason.

He runs through the corridor, heading for Stella's old room where Moxxie and Millie are sleeping. It's more of an impulse than actual hope, but the moment he opens the door to their room, his heart calms.

There he is. Coddled up against Millie, looking almost like a child needing his family's warmth after a bad dream...

But where is...

„Stolas. He's okay."

Stolas winces at the voice coming from right next to him out of a sudden, „Moxxie? Why are you awake already?"

„Let's go outside and talk. He still needs rest."

„Oh... Sure..." Stolas looks at the sleeping Blitz once more before following Moxxie, closing the door behind them.

„He woke up about one hour ago, quite disoriented. We put the three of you in your bed because we thought this would be best since all of you were unconscious and Blitz still a little cold," explains Moxxie now lowly while walking towards the kitchen again, subtly leading the other there, „He thought he took some drugs and ended up sleeping with Alastor and you... What left him rather anxious," he gives Stolas a meaningful look before continuing, „I helped him restore most of his memory from what happened during the past week...and the more recent events. I also made sure his wound was okay and that he ate and drank something. He's still feeling a little cold and tired but he'll be okay."

„Thanks, Moxxie!" Stolas sighs relieved but then he runs both hands over his head, muttering lowly, „I should've woken up when he got up! If you had not been there..."

„You risked your live saving him and lost a lot of energy during this as far as I could tell. Your body simply wasn't ready to wake up at this point. Alastor still is sleeping...or more like completely knocked out. And he's quite powerful as well... By the way, while I check your wound, would you like to tell me what exactly happened in Hell's Core and why Alastor apparently had a change of heart about just tagging along for support?"

„Huh? Oh..." Stolas looks at his still lightly bleeding pentagram-wound for a moment then holds his arm out for Moxxie, already waiting with a first aid kit to bandage it up, „...Sure. Thank you..."

Stolas isn't used to being cared for like this and looks absently at Moxxie working on his arm while he now lowly tells him what happened...

„...If it hadn't been for Alastor..." the memory alone makes Stolas shiver and hold on tighter to the cup of coffee, Moxxie prepared for him after taking care of his wound, „...Blitz would be dead now. I... I wasn't able to help him. I wasn't powerful enough..."

„You mean you weren't HAPPY enough," corrects Moxxie gently, „Remember what Alastor said? It wasn't your fault."

„It was. I was so scared to lose Blitz, I wasn't able to control my emotions," Stolas squeezes his eyes shut, trying to fight upcoming tears, „How can I hope to love and protect him if I'm not able to handle even THIS to save him?! He should rather come together with Alastor. He seems to be more powerful than me. At least he can handle his own feelings...and even risked his own life to save him."