19. Fighting The Past

The rumbling of his own stomach lets Blitz wake up with a startle and a light yelp, his hands on his stomach.

„Blitz!" Stolas, sitting next to him on the bed, still holding his hand, at once becomes scared and looks him over, „What's wrong?!"

„I'm... I'm hungry! And I...got this damn hiccup thing again..." Blitz whines softly, but then he shakes his head, looking at Stolas with a light blush, „Sorry. I'm fine, Sto! Damn... I just got startled by my own stomach growling like that... What about Moxxie?! Any news?"

„We would've woken you, remember? I promised," sounds Via's gentle voice now from the other end of the bed where she's sitting cross-legged, smiling softly at him, „But although I'm sorry that you got scared by yourself, I take this as a good sign that you don't feel so sick anymore?"

Blitz returns the smile and nods, „Yeah, I'm feeling much better. And I think I could eat a whole wedding cake on my own right now!"

„Let's try with the soup again for a start, okay?" Via laughs softly and stands up from the bed, „Dad, you take care of this hiccup thing of him and I'll quickly reheat the soup and bring it back to you."

„Thank you, Starfire," Stolas smiles at his daughter, then he focuses completely on Blitz, „Shall I massage your stomach again, Blitzy?"

„Yes, pleeeease," Blitz looks at him with big, pleading eyes.

Stolas chuckles softly, then he carefully puts his hand on Blitz' stomach and starts the gentle massage again, „Good like this?"

Blitz nods, sighing softly, „Thank you. I really feel a lot better now... I actually needed that rest..."

„You've been through a lot again today, Love. Happy and very worrying surprises..." Stolas smiles sadly.

Blitz nods slowly, „Yeah... But Moxxie is going to be all right. He's a fighter. His father thought otherwise, but Mox is ten times as tough as any other imp out there, especially his jerk of a mafia-father!"

Stolas looks at his boyfriend for a moment, then he suddenly bows down, kissing him intimately without interrupting the massage.

Blitz returns the kiss reflexively but slightly confused, looking at his boyfriend when he pulls back again, „What...was that for?"

„For being the amazing boyfriend, friend, father and brother figure that you are," Stolas smiles and nuzzles their noses together, „For being my Blitzy!"

The imp blushes lightly and chuckles softly, lovingly caressing Stolas cheek and neck now, „You are so fucking cute, Sto! I love you so, so much!"

„I love you too, Blitz. And I'm so incredibly happy that you are feeling a little better again," Stolas nuzzles him again, unable to hold back a tear, „Does... Does the massage help?"

„It does. You can already stop again, if you want to."

The owl-demon lightly shakes his head, swallowing hard, his hand trembling but not ceasing his gentle circle motions on the other's stomach.

„Hey, Sto," Blitz smiles softly, gently placing his hand on Stolas', stopping it in the motion by interlacing their fingers, his other hand gently cupping his cheek now, caressing it soothingly, „I can see that you are struggling, Babe. Don't. I'm here for you. And I'm not the only one who should spill his guts more often about what troubles him."

The prince looks aside.

But Blitz gently but insisting pushes his face back to face him, „Talk to me, Stolas."

His boyfriend squeezes his eyes shut for a moment, but then he inhales deeply and looks at the imp again, „It's nothing. I just... While you've been sleeping, Via told me how wonderful of a 'Madre' you already are for her. How well you understand her... And how you encouraged her to tell me how she feels about the family burden I put upon her since she was a baby..."