51. Spikes

„Okay, Birdbrain, what is it?"

Stolas blinks his eyes open and swallows hard, „W-What?"

„Yeah. What. That was my question. And I'm expecting an answer. Now," Blitz sits up and stops his work of undressing the prince, who's lying on the bed in front of him.

Stolas looks at him, opens his beak and closes it again, avoiding the other's gaze now.

„Stolas. I know that look in your eyes by now. It means that your pretty head is anywhere but here right now. And although I'm the last person to judge about daydreaming, I won't fuck you while you got your head in the clouds like that, just to make this clear!" Blitz wraps his tail around himself, tilting his head, „I know it's the full moon and the deal is due and shit... But if you're not in the mood..."

„No! That's not it! I..." Stolas rubs his arm, still unable to stand the other's gaze.

Blitz waits a few more seconds, then he sighs, „If you've grown tired of me..."

„NO!" the shock is enough to finally make Stolas look at the imp again, tears welling up in his eyes and he wildly shakes his head, „No, Blitz! Never! I am sorry if you think this now, just because I... I..." he buries his face in his hands, „Fuck... I'm such a mess..."

„Yeah... You are..." Blitz' soft smile is audible and he scoots closer, putting a soothing hand on the owl-demon's leg now, „Care to tell me, why that is so, Birdie?"

Stolas sniffs lowly and actually winces at Blitz' touch, but glances at him again, „Y-You're...not mad?"

„Only if you keep sobbing like this without telling me why," Blitz gently squeezes his leg again, „It's the sixth time we're doing this and I've seen you emotionally devasted in the most different ways already. But not this...extremely absent...as before... So I ask you again... What caused this, if it wasn't me?"

Stolas looks at the imp's hand, still resting on his leg, lightly caressing it now, almost soothingly. He focuses on this feeling and can't help but close his eyes again. Blitz makes him feel so...safe. So calm. So...wanted... Unlike...a certain other person...

Stolas can't help but tremble violently at the memory of Stella yelling at and insulting him not even one hour ago, before throwing several bottles of absinthe at him, one hitting him at the shoulder. He smelled so disgustingly of alcohol after that, that he had to quickly take a bath before Blitz arrived...

„Stolas?"

A hand on his forehead has the prince wince and snap out of his thoughts again.

„Are you...sick? You don't look well..." Blitz is still feeling his forehead, his eyes full of...worry?

Stolas wished that was true...and not just wishful thinking. On the other hand... The imp is still caressing his leg and by now brushing his thumb gently down the bridge of his beak...

And then he can hear his own voice out of a sudden, „Stella said that I'm only sleeping with you, because I'm too weak to...properly fuck anybody myself..." The prince looks aside with a dark blush.

„So... She insulted you for being a bottom?" Blitz' voice is a low growl.

Stolas gives a tiny shrug and whispers, „But she's at least partially right..."

„The FUCK she is! Just because SHE isn't able to arouse you..."

„I'm such a bad husband..." Stolas can't help a lonely tear running down his cheek, „And a bad lover on top. I'm... I'm sorry, Blitzy. This isn't...your business... And me crying all the time is not part of the deal either... Please, just... Just fuck me, okay? I'm... I'm okay..."