32. Lampion Of Doom

„Sto!"

„Hm? Oh. Sorry, Blitzy! I was...on memory lane..."

„Yeah. I noticed," Blitz chuckles. He's standing in front of his boyfriend and now gently pushes his head against the owl-demon's belly, murmuring, „You okay?"

„Yes, Love," assures Stolas and smiling caresses his boyfriend's head, „And you are finished with the pancakes?"

„Yes. And I already ate one. I needed to calm the baby. You were right, she takes after me. She gets impatient pretty fast," he chuckles and blushes lightly.

„If she got just a quarter of your toughness and resistance, too, then I think you'll never have to worry about her."

„Alastor!" Blitz and Stolas both look at the door now.

The radio demon slowly walks over to them, his eyes fixed on the imp, „How are you feeling, Blitz?"

„Well enough to have that serious talk with you now, my Dear," Blitz' eyes start to gleam and he fully turns around now eyeing their friend carefully.

„Yeah... I thought that you'd say that..." Alastor folds his hands behind his back, „And about that night... I am sorry. I wasn't really myself. I had a bad dream and..."

„Really? Alastor. You better think about what you wanna say again veeeeery well now," Blitz' voice is firm and his eyes are gleaming, „You don't wanna rely on me catching up on a very unconvincing act, do you?"

Alastor looks into his eyes for a moment, then he glances at Stolas, who's giving a light nod to support his partner's words.

The radio demon sighs and closes his eyes, mumbling, „Please, don't be scared..."

Then he suddenly starts to change. – His antlers grow, just like his claws and fangs and his body turns into a shadow like shade of black, while his eyes gleam yellow and then flick between their normal appearance and radio dials back and forth.

Stolas can't help a light wince at this.

Blitz on the other hand just looks at their friend unfazed, „You've been fighting this the whole time?"

Alastor gives a light nod, his voice sounding like radio statics again, „Since that awful night. I woke up with a lust for blood, for hunting and this is what I became. It's like an unclean version of my true hunting form... It's like...an addiction, I suppose. It happens, when I haven't been on a hunt for a longer time..."

„What other effects are there? Despite your appearance, I mean."

„Huh. I guess your boyfriend can answer this even better than me..." Alastor glances at Stolas again, rubbing his arm in discomfort.

„Lacking impulse control... Heightened sensibility...and aggression..." Stolas tilts his head, furrowing his brows, „All in all...quite a bit of a personality change..."

The radio demon looks down, nodding.

„Yet... You've got your powers and anger under control, obviously. Otherwise, the lot of us wouldn't very likely be alive anymore," the owl-demon's voice becomes soft and soothing, „Al, you know that fight we had would've been over in mere seconds if you truly wanted to hurt us."

„Still," the radio demon clenches his hands into fists and grits his teeth, forcing his body to turn back with a grunt of pain.

„Stop! Why are you doing this? You're just making this harder for yourself than it has to be!" Blitz is quick to step up to him and gently take his face between his hands, caressing it softly, „Alastor. It's okay. Nobody is scared of you if you look like this. We KNOW you."