46. The Curse Of The Past

„Blitz."

The imp blinks and raises his head from where he's been staring at his clenched and bandaged up hands.

Stolas is holding him a cup with a steaming liquid, a gentle smile on his lips, „I thought some hot chocolate might do you well, Love."

Blitz nods barely noticeable and takes the cup from his husband, once he sat down on the ground next to him, leaned against the wall of the kitchen, just like the imp.

They sit like this in silence again, Blitz still with a blanket around his shoulders, his tail moving and tapping on the ground every few seconds.

Just like when Stolas brought him here from the medical room a few minutes ago. He wanted to put the shivering imp on a chair, but Blitz weakly begged him to seat him on the ground instead. He even tried to negate being covered by the blanket at first, but then gave in after Stolas said he'd feel much better if his partner accepted this.

Blitz' hands tighten around the cup, mumbling what goes on around in his head at this moment, „Fucking brain... Fucking stuck in the clouds... Having me fucking zoning out again..."

„Blitz," Stolas' voice is incredible soft, just like his hand on the imp's arm now, „Your brain is perfectly all right. Zoning out is normal for you and not bad in any way. Every doubt you're harboring about that has been implemented there by your father."

Blitz swallows hard, squeezing his eyes shut again, „Fuck... This shouldn't have happened, Sto. Especially not...with Fizz around. He... I... Fuck!" the imp puts his head in his neck, groaning, but letting the tears run down his cheeks.

Stolas just looks at him for a moment.

His husband successfully fought off the voice in his head, trying to get him to kill his loved ones and especially himself. But he did so aloud, meaning he started to argue with it in his delirium.

It didn't take long for the two imps and the owl-demon to understand that this voice in his head has actually been his own father. And with everything he said, it also became clear what Blitz was forced into by this horrible man at such a young age.

Moxxie's sadness at getting to know this was visible. But Fizzarolli's expression was that of pure shock. – He had absolutely no clue about this.

And Stolas knows that he himself currently feels a mixture of so many emotions, like sadness, anger and guilt, that are all hiding behind the concern for his partner at the moment. He couldn't allow himself to feel anything else, because while Blitz was verbally fighting with this cursed voice, he still was busy sucking and spitting blood from the imp's scratch wound, because unlike with Alastor all those months ago, this time, it worked.

And he only stopped when Blitz' arguing finally died down as well after over five minutes and he fell silent in his husband's arm after saying firmly, „And I found my place in this world. Not as a clown and not as a whore. But as a husband and father and friend!"

The silence that followed was unsettling in many ways. But then the imp finally raised his head to look at the owl-demon and said that the voice was gone, that he could let go of him again. Stolas did, but still held him gently in his arms and then used his magic to let a disinfectant and bandages float over to them, so he could take care of the wounded hands of the shivering imp.

When he was done, Blitz pushed himself into a stand, removing the drip, asking whether Moxxie and Fizz were all right taking care of Alastor alone for a moment, since he needed to use the bathroom. His friends immediately nodded confirming and were incredibly relieved that Blitz didn't ask Stolas to stay behind when the owl-demon followed him on the heel.