36. Wedding Vows

Blitz breathes.

Deeply.

In. Out.

In. Out.

He lifts his hand in front of his face. He's shaking violently.

He closes his eyes, leans his hands on the commode in front of him and exhales slowly.

„This is what you wanted, Blitz. Fucking own it now! Breathe..." he closes his eyes and clenches his hands into fists.

His back is killing him... He'd love to sit or even lie down now, but he can't...

A knock at the door interrupts his thoughts.

„C-Come in."

The door opens and Moxxie enters, a soft smile on his lips, „Hey. Ready to get ready?"

Blitz nods, shakes his head, nods again and then can't hold back his tears anymore, burying his face in his hands.

„Oh, Blitz..." Moxxie quickly comes over to him, jumps onto the commode and hugs his best friend carefully close, gently stroking his head, „It's okay. You know how nervous I was at MY wedding. Remember that I was such a wreck, you actually convinced me to get drunk, only to snatch the bottle away from me in the last second look me straight in the eye and say 'This isn't Lust and on my watch, my best friend won't get married drunk or he might not remember the most wonderful day of his life!'."

„And then I downed the bottle myself..." Blitz laughs weakly, rubbing his eyes, „Can't do that now..."

„No. And you know you don't have to. This is what you want, Blitz. And you know how much you love each other."

Blitz nods strongly, „Y-Yeah. That's not what I'm worried about! I know none of us will ever regret this decision! I just... Huch, I don't know... I guess I'm just..." he shrugs weakly.

„It's completely natural to be nervous. No matter how safe you feel with your decision," Moxxie tenderly caresses his friend's face wiping the tears away for him, his own face contorting in slight sorrow, „But you are really...VERY pale... Are you sure that everything else is okay?"

„Yeah... I've been to the bathroom at least ten times during the past hour. I surely won't eat or drink anything until the ceremony is over!" Blitz laughs weakly.

„But you'll tell me if you feel like you might black out, right?"

„Yes, don't worry, Mox," Blitz chuckles softly, then he exhales slowly again, successfully keeping his face from contorting in pain, „Very well... Time to get dressed, right? Let's see whether Astrea and I still fit into that dress..."

A few minutes later, they can confirm that the soon-to-be mother PERFECTLY fits into his wedding dress.

„Wow... Blitz, you look absolutely gorgeous!" Moxxie beams at him, cupping his face, grinning coyly, „I just hope Stolas can contain himself until your wedding night, if he sees you like this..."

Blitz blushes heavily and looks down, „Thank you..."

„You're welcome. And this light flush makes you look at least a little bit healthier again. Shall I continue complimenting you?"

„Rather not. I might get a boner if you do," Blitz laughs, but then he tilts his head, admiring his friend, „But you look pretty handsome, yourself, Mox. Careful that Millie doesn't marry you again in this best man suit!"

„Thanks," Moxxie chuckles softly but then he lovingly squeezes Blitz' shoulders, searching his eyes again, „Blitz... I think I know you pretty well meanwhile... Something isn't right, is it? You look as if...you're trying to hide something..."