Stranger things have happened

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet awoke to her curtains being pulled open harshly, sunlight flooded into the room and the warm September sun tickled the skin of her face. She groaned in annoyance as a chipper Eleanor stared at her with a smile. Impeccable time keeping was a strength in every aspect of Eleanor's life. Juliet had never been one for early mornings, even when she was a little girl her mother would have to coax her out of bed and it seemed these same habits had followed her into her late teenage years.

"Come on jules, I need breakfast!" Eleanor whined as she stomped her feet. She turned into a five year old child in utter despair whenever she was hungry.

"I'm getting up Eleanor" Juliet groaned as she sat up and swung her legs over the edge of her bed, she stretched her arms above her head as a yawn fell from her lips. She decided that spending time showering, would only anger Eleanor more, so the shower she took last night would have to suffice. Juliet scooped her uniform up into her arms and made her way to their shared bathroom. She brushed her teeth hastily before she brushed her hair up into a high voluminous ponytail, her natural slight wave made the ponytail full and beautiful. Just how Juliet liked it. Her uniform was pulled onto her body and she made sure every last detail was perfect. Her socks were pulled exactly four millimetres over her knees and her skirt was rolled so that the bottom reached her mid thighs. Her white shirt was tucked in perfectly so that it didn't crease and her tie was done up neatly under the collar of her shirt. Juliet applied a few coats of mascara to her lashes and added a small wing to her eyelids, a slightly pink lip oil coated her plump lips and a smile covered her face when she looked over her appearance.

As Juliet walked back into the room, Eleanor was practically itching to get to breakfast. So, Juliet quickly pulled her robe over her uniform and grabbed her wand, shoving it into the waistband of her skirt before she grabbed Eleanor's hand and pulled her out of the dorm.

"Finally! Jules I was about to starve to death" Eleanor let out a groan as she rubbed her stomach.

"Don't be so dramatic el, I've honestly never seen such a small girl eat so much food" Juliet laughed loudly as the pair walked closely together down the corridor. The school was bursting with life as other students made their way to breakfast, all of them eager to line their stomachs in preparation for the first day of classes.

As Juliet and Eleanor took their seats at the Ravenclaw table, Juliet made contact with a pair of green eyes. Theodore Nott was obviously not over their dispute from yesterday and Juliet felt rather uncomfortable with the amount of attention she had on her. She'd spent years, trying to blend in to her surroundings and now, it was all falling apart. As she tore her eyes away from his, she noticed that he wasn't the only one staring at her, Draco Malfoy's grey eyes burned into hers and suddenly Juliet felt like she couldn't breathe.

"Jules are you okay?" Eleanor placed a comforting hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Yeah-yes" Juliet smiled quickly and stared down at the table. She reached for a piece of toast and smothered it in jam, before eating it quicker than she'd ever eaten anything before. Eleanor watched her friend intently as she ate her own food, she'd never seen Juliet quite so flustered before.

"I should go...wouldn't want to be late to the first advanced potions class with slughorn" Juliet stood up abruptly, her knees caught the table as she did so and the sound echoed through the whole hall. Suddenly, it wasn't just two pairs of eyes on her, but hundreds.

"Jules-..." before Eleanor could say anything, Juliet was walking quickly towards the exit.

She finally looked around to see everyone had gone back to eating or talking and she felt relieved but, there was still a pair of eyes on her. Eyes of grey, that were hard to decipher, eyes that were too old for the person that they resided in.

Draco Malfoy watched the girl with the tanned skin and chocolate brown eyes scurry from the hall. His interest peaked last night, when he realised that he couldn't invade her thoughts. Either she knew occlumency or she had a very very strong mind. He'd found out all he could about her in the last twelve hours, it turns out, that his closest companion was not a fan of the girl he'd come to know as Juliet Walter's, according to him, she was disrespectful and for a Ravenclaw, rather aggressive. He would find out what it was that she was hiding beneath the surface but he would not let his new infatuation become anything more than a way to protect his own mind from the grip of the devil.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼