The truth

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet had received a letter back from her mother merely two days after she sent hers but the letter in question had been shoved into the pocket of her robes, unopened for a week now. It was as if the letter was taunting her, her every waking thought was about what it would say. Her mother's words could not only solidify what she already knew but they could change her thoughts on the woman who had raised her.

It was a truth that Juliet was willing to wait a while longer for, however, she found it was time to admit another truth to her bestfriend. Juliet couldn't live with the secrets anymore, they were quite literally tearing her and Eleanor apart. Her talk with Eleanor would have to wait till tonight because Juliet was currently on her way to the room of requirement, she'd told the boys to meet her there in an hours time but she decided to get a head start.

The large doors appeared for her with ease now, because she too wanted what Draco and Theo wanted. She weaved in and out of the mountains of old furniture until she layed her eyes upon the cabinet once again. The same piece of furniture that had taunted her dreams.  Juliet let out a loud sigh before pulling her wand from the waistband of her skirt and closing her eyes.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus"

Juliet repeated the same spell over and over again. It was the spell that Draco had said he was using but Juliet believed it wasn't the spell that was wrong, but something wasn't working as it should inside of the cabinet. An idea she would bring up to the boys when they arrived but she was sure she knew what their answers would be. So, in wait of Draco and Theo, Juliet dropped down onto the old sofa, waving her wand around in front of her face. It was truly a piece of art, the intricate carvings were beautiful and Juliet couldn't imagine ever having a wand that wasn't this one. It had a core of unicorn hair and it was twelve inches long, the wood was what olivander called 'hazel' and quite frankly, it fitted Juliet's style perfectly.

She held it out in front of her, with a strong grip around the base as she spoke a spell she liked to practice often.

"Expecto patronum" a blue light spurted from the end of Juliet's wand and transformed into a small white bunny rabbit. The creature bounded around, running circles around Juliet's head and the girl let out a chuckle. The patronus charm was one of difficulty, even to some of the best wizards in the world because it wasn't done from skill but memories. Happy memories.

Juliet watched as her rabbit hopped over the piles of furniture before disappearing. Confusion covered her face as she hadn't dropped the spell but when she heard voices, it made sense.

"Juliet is this a...can you cast a patronus?" Theo's face came into view and Juliet saw her rabbit rubbing its head against Theo's body.

"Yes...can't you?" Juliet furrowed her eyebrows. They were death eaters, surely they need the patronus spell more than anyone else.

"No I can't" Theo watched the rabbit run around with a smile on his face, he was completely in awe of his sister.

"Theo I thought I told you-...wow" Juliet's eyes immediately found Draco but his eyes were not on her, they were glued to her patronus.

"You can cast a patronus?" Draco's mouth fell open in shock as Juliet's bunny seemed to forget all about Theo  and found him instead. It curled itself around Draco's legs before seemingly, falling asleep.

Juliet lowered her wand, watching as the rabbit slowly faded away into nothing, the blue light from her wand now gone.

"Yes I can, I don't understand how you guys can't?" Juliet looked between them and waited for an answer.

"Well they're conjured on happy memories, we don't really have any..." Theo shrugged his shoulders as if having no happy memories was something normal.

"Okay, that's a lie...I'll help you both. Once we have this cabinet fixed and I have an idea by the way" Juliet clasped her hands together as she walked towards the boys.

"Do tell" Draco smirked as he watched Juliet. He was even more infatuated with her than he was before. She was truly brilliant.

"So I don't think there's anything wrong with the spell, I think it's the right spell but I believe there's a problem inside of the cabinet...."

"What sort of problem?" Theo's eyebrows were furrowed in concentration.

"So...this cabinet is meant to lead to borgin and burkes right? But what if there's another cabinet somewhere else that was once connected to this one? All of the books I've read state that cabinet's can be unlinked and paired with another so what if this one was never properly unlinked from its previous twin?" Juliet had a particular look on her face, one that was only there when she was the smartest person in the room.

"You're brilliant" Draco grabbed Juliet's face and pulled it towards him, placing a quick kiss against her lips.

"I don't understand how we are related" Theo laughed loudly.

"Me neither big brother" Juliet smiled at Theo before turning to look back at Draco "there's one problem though....someone has to go into the cabinet whilst someone else does the spell" Juliet pulled her lip between her teeth as she watched Draco's face go from one of confusion to one of anger.

"No, no! You're not going in there Juliet. Certainly not whilst me or Theo do the damn spell" Draco's words were harsh and definite but Juliet knew this was the only way.

"Draco I'm the only one who can do the spell on the other side! I'll be fine, do you want to be able to carry on repairing it? Because unless you let me do this, it's not going to happen!" Juliet crossed her arms over her chest with a huff of annoyance.

"And what if you're not fine hm? Then what!" Draco took a step closer to the girl only for Theo to slide his body in front of his sister.

"Calm down mate. Look, if Juliet thinks she can do it then she can. You know damn well she's smarter than us both" Theo's jaw was tense as he looked at Draco with narrowed eyes.

"I don't like this but fine, do what you want. Theo, why don't you do the spell whilst she's in there, that way if she dies, I get to kill you" Draco gave his friend a sarcastic smile before dropping onto the sofa in a huff.

"You've got this Theo. I'll be fine" Juliet gave Theo's shoulder a reassuring squeeze before she took in a deep breath.

"Just do the spell as normal and I'll do the rest okay?" Juliet looked back at Theo and gave him a nod before opening the cabinet and stepping inside. Once the door was closed behind her, she realised that maybe she had a fear of small spaces.

"Theo do it now" Juliet called loudly.

Theo took in a deep breath before pulling out his wand and pointing it at the cabinet. His eyes fell shut as he cleared his mind.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus"

A loud click filled the room and Theo's eyes flew open. He looked back at Draco who's eyes were wide. Both boys took slow steps towards the cabinet before pulling the door open, it was empty. Whatever Juliet had done from inside, had made the cabinet work, for now.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼