I'm new here

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1943

"We will get you sorted into a house. There are four, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin" Juliet subtly rolled her eyes as Dumbledore spoke. She already knew what house she would be in.

Her professor placed the old hat upon Juliet's head and she felt as if she was back in her first year again, although this time, she felt no nerves about where she would be placed.

"Hmm I see ambition, a determination to get things done but also, an intelligence like no other...it would have to be....SLYTHERIN!"

Juliet's eyes widened. "What!" She hissed out, but she didn't mean for it to be so loud.

"Sorry?" Dumbledore looked at the strange girl with furrowed eyebrows.

"Um nothing sir, sorry" Juliet smiled sheepishly but the truth was, she was shocked. She was a Ravenclaw, through and through, so how was it that the same sorting hat, could place her in a different house.

"Well, as much as I'd like to escort you to the dungeons, I was on my way somewhere rather important when we met...I shall have your prefect escort you" Dumbledore bowed his head before leaving the room and as he did, Juliet stood up from her seat and grabbed the sorting hat again.

"Is it possible for a student to be put it one house when they are younger but then change as they get older?" Juliet realised how insane this was, she was talking to a hat.

"Yes yes, I knew I saw something different about you. A Ravenclaw in another life hm? Well I must of thought so, if I put you there. But now! You are indeed a true Slytherin!"

"Thanks" Juliet smiled quickly before dropping the hat back down and retaking her seat, thankfully just in time, because the door swung open again.

"Juliet, this is Tom riddle, your Slytherin Prefect" Juliet turned around in her seat and gulped harshly at the brown haired boy who stood behind Dumbledore. His eyes were dark, almost black and his stare was so intense, that Juliet wanted to curl up into a ball and die.

"Tom see to it that Miss Walters, settles in" Dumbledore patted Tom's shoulder before ushering Juliet to stand up.

She followed the boy out of dumbledore's office, only for him to stop right in front of her body.

"You've been here before" it wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"I can assure you, I have not" Juliet smiled gently. Acting naive would become her greatest act.

"Very well" he narrowed his eyes in on her, before he continued walking down the corridors, at a speed far to great for Juliet but she didn't say a word, she just trailed behind.

As they made it into the dungeons, Juliet let a smile fall upon her lips. If not from anything else, she'd find comfort being here, being in the place that she'd been so many times with her brother and her well, ex boyfriend.

"This is the entrance to the common room, the password is Salazar, although it can change, so don't forget it" The boys tone was so flat and dull, that Juliet wondered if she'd set herself up for a impossible task.

She nodded slowly, talking was a risk at the moment, until she'd learnt more of their ways. One wrong word and everything would fall apart.

Juliet followed Tom into the common room and she was happy to see, it hadn't changed that much. The furniture was slightly different but it still reminded her of home.

There were three large sofas, positioned at the back of the room, under the large window that looked into the black lake and on them, were four boys. She watched intently, as they laughed and seemingly made fun of eachother, this wouldn't be as hard as she thought.

"Tom! There you are!" Juliet's head whipped to the side as one of the boys shouted his name. He looked unimpressed, almost as if, he wasn't really their friend at all.

"Shut it, Avery. Or I'll rip your eyes out"

Had those words come from anyone else's mouth, Juliet would have laughed but she knew he was more than capable.

"who's your new friend?" Another boy spoke, his hair was a dark brown, almost black.

"Have you picked up a hufflepuff on your rounds?" A boy with brown curly hair spoke and Juliet tilted her head as she looked at him, he looked...familiar.

"No Nott, this is Juliet, she's a slytherin" Tom sighed, bored of these ridiculous questions.

Juliet's eyes widened as she heard that name, Nott. Of course he was, it was obvious. The brown curly hair and the brown eyes...he looked a lot like Theo.

"Never seen you around here before, I'm Evan, Evan rosier" the boy with the brown hair, held his hand out over the back of the sofa and Juliet looked around the other boys before she walked forward and shook his hand.

"Juliet Walter's, I'm new here" Juliet shy'd away under their glares, she didn't like this amount of attention.

"That blonde one, is avery as Tom pointed out but his actual name is Anthony" Juliet turned to the boy with the dirty blonde hair and gave him a small smile. "The one with kind of black hair" Evan shrugged "that's Lucas Lestrange"Juliet also gave him a small smile but he just scoffed at her action. Asshole. "And then we have the heartbreaker, Timothee Nott" Juliet let her eyes fall over the boy, who reminded her so much of her brother. He nodded his head, to which she returned.

"And then, there's Malfoy" Juliet's whole body stiffened. Of course he'd have an ancestor here. She just didn't think about it. "He's not here right now, probably shagging some little Ravenclaw" Juliet wanted to laugh, it ran in the family then.

"It's been nice to meet you all" Juliet smiled politely.

"You should stay for a while" Evan smiled and Juliet decided he was definitely the nicest of the bunch.

"Oh um-.."

"She can't." Toms voice disrupted Juliet's words and not only did she turn around to look at him, but so did all the other boys.

"She can speak for herself" Evan challenged Tom with a harsh glare.

"Watch yourself Rosier" Tom walked forward and grabbed Juliet's forearm, pulling her away from the group of boys and up a set of stairs.

"Get off me!" Juliet pulled her arm from his grip and rubbed the tender skin.

"This is your room. Go to bed." Tom spat harshly before he turned around, leaving Juliet stood outside of a door, alone.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼