The astronomy tower

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1996

The wind whipped around Draco's body and his arm trembled as his wand suddenly felt ten times heavier in his grip. His headmaster, the man that he had known since he was eleven, looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Draco...you are no killer" Dumbledore spoke softly.

"How do you know what I am! I was chosen for this!" Draco lowered his hand pulled up the sleeve on his left arm, revealing the dark mark.

Dumbledore rose his hand up, but Draco disarmed him quickly. Watching as his wand flew to the floor.

"Draco let me help you" Draco's lip quivered at his attempt to help him, he didn't deserve help.

"It's too late" Draco spoke as the sound of footsteps echoed throughout the tower.

"There are others? How?" Dumbledore looked to Draco inquisitively.

"The vanishing cabinet...in the room of requirement" Draco gulped, trying to steady his wavering hand.

"Ingenious"

Dumbledore's eyes fell behind Draco as the death eaters joined him on the tower, Bellatrix, Greyback and Theo.

"Well done Draco" bellatrix breathed close to Draco's ear but he grimaced and pulled his head away slightly, watching as the curly haired woman circled him.

"Bellatrix...I think introductions are in order, don't you?"

"Sorry albus, we're on a tight schedule" Bellatrix smirked devishly before she stood at Draco's side again. "Do it" she hissed in his ear.

"Theodore Nott" Dumbledore looked to the curly haired boy, whose face held no emotion.

"Headmaster" Theo bowed his head. A way of showing that he didn't want to do this, that he held the upmost respect for him.

"Do it now Draco!" Bellatrix hissed louder, her blackened teeth gritted together.

"He hasn't got the guts like his father" Greyback sneered and Draco eyes flickered around the room, he sucked in a harsh breath and released it slowly as he stared into the eyes of his headmaster.

"I have to do this...or he's going to kill me" Draco's voice wavered. "I'm sorry"

"No!" Snape pushed Draco to the side, causing him to stumble into Theo, who helped him regain his balance.

"Severus...please" Dumbledore's voice held sorrow as he looked at his former confidant.

"Avada Kedavra!" Draco watched with wide eyes as the stream of green light penetrated Dumbledore's chest, sending his body hurtling out of the open window of the astronomy tower. Theo's hand gripped Draco's shoulder tightly as the two of them felt their souls leave their bodies. There was no time to mourn as their bodies were being pushed down the stairs and back into the corridor, they followed the group of deatheaters, who were being led by Snape.

Draco could barely carry his own weight, had it not been for Theo, he would have surely collapsed. They followed Snape into the great hall, where they watched Bellatrix, run across the top of the Slytherin table, smashing the dinner ware as she kicked her feet around, a loud cackle falling from her lips. She pulled out her wand and moved her hands together at speed, sending all of the glass from the large stained windows, across the room.

All of the candles in the enchanted ceiling were blown out, glass covered the floor and Draco and Theo looked around the place they'd spent many hours in, all of the magic was gone, it felt cold and empty, never again would another student experience the magic of Hogwarts for the first time. Without Dumbledore, this was not a place to call home.

They finally made it out of the school, heading towards the ground keepers hut, where Bellatrix sent it up into flames. She laughed loudly, finding joy in such destruction but as Draco watched the bright orange flames devour the small hut, a voice caught his attention.

"Snape! Snape!" Draco and Theo watched as Harry Potter ran after them.

"He trusted you!" Harry began throwing spells, all of which Snape deflected.

"Sectumsempra!"

Draco watched as Snape deflected this spell as well, sending Harry hurtling onto his back. The Black haired man, walked towards Harry's body, leaning over him.

"You dare to use my own spell against me potter?"

Harry's face contorted into confusion.

"Yes...I am the half blood prince"

Draco's mouth hung open, he wanted to go, he wanted to be away from this place. It was no longer his home, he'd witnessed his headmaster be murdered, he'd nearly done it himself. Theo's expression had been blank this whole time but Draco knew that he felt the same way.

"Come on" Theo grabbed Draco by his upper arm and dragged him away, into the dark forest, where they apparated. As the boys feet hit the marble in the foyer of Malfoy manor, Draco let his body fall to the floor. Juliet, his dear Juliet would never forgive him for letting this happen, she would have fought to her last breath to save her school but that's where her and Draco differed, he was weak.

"Draco" Theo mumbled.

"She's going to hate me" Draco let out between his ragged breaths.

"We can't do this now" Theo dragged Draco to his feet. "You didn't do it Draco".

"But I let it happen. We let it happen" Draco shook his head and ran his hands through his hair, letting it flop messily over his forehead.

"Things are going to change. She's going to come back to a world that isn't the one she remembered" Theo sighed.

"I want to see her" Draco mumbled.

"What?" Theo narrowed his eyes.

"I want to see her. Take me to her" Draco's eyes were wide and glassy as he looked at Theo.

"I don't think-.."

"Draco! Oh you're okay" Narcissa Malfoy pulled her son into her arms but Draco shrugged her off.

"Don't. I'm leaving, I'm going to see Juliet" Narcissa looked between Draco and Theo with a look of confusion.

"But...she's unwell" Narcissa spoke, mainly to herself.

"Not exactly" Draco hissed as he grabbed Theo's arm, apparating them out of his manor, away from his mother, away from the deatheaters and away from him.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼