Friends?

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

"Why the fuck is there a cigarette in your hand Juliet?" Draco growled lowly as he took in the scene in front of him. Juliet, sat with Theodore, smoking. He was mortified to say the least, he'd always despised the disgusting habit and although he was being a massive hypocrite, because he'd most definitely smoked before, the thought of Juliet harming herself, made him want to be sick.

"Lay off Malfoy. She can do what she wants" Theo narrowed his eyes on his friend.

"Nott, this has nothing to do with you. Juliet, come here" Draco wasn't asking, he was telling.

"She doesn't have to do what you say dick" Theo flicked his cigarette but down onto the floor before standing up. It was obvious he was more muscular than Draco but Juliet had the feeling that Draco controlled Theo's every move.

"Don't test me Nott. You're already on thin ice from your actions a few weeks ago" The muscles in Draco's jaw were twitching as rage flooded through him. At the mention of Theo's 'actions' Juliet's hand involuntarily came up to her neck.

"Stop..." her voice was quiet and the boys didn't even hear it over their own bickering. Juliet's head was pounding and her heart rate had spiked. What she did next was the most unlike her thing.

"I said STOP!" she was now on her feet, her chest heaving up and down as she looked between the two boys. "Listen! Draco, I'm making this very clear. I will do what I want...you don't own me and Theo, you're an ass, a massive one. Matter of fact I hated you until like 20 minutes ago. Just because you've spent 10 minutes being nice, that doesn't make up for the years of torment" Juliet finally let out a breath and both boys were staring at her with wide eyes.

"I'm...sorry" Draco gave her a sorrowful look.

"Yeah...same" Theo rolled back and forth on his heels, his hands dug deeply into his pockets.

"From now on, we get along. No more fighting or arguing. What happened in the past, happened. It's done. We move on. Deal?" Juliet raised her eyebrows in question and both boys felt as if they were being scolded by their mother right now.

"Yeah"

"Sure"

"Good" Juliet huffed loudly.

"Wait...does she know about..." Theo's words trailed off as he looked at Draco.

"Yes" Draco ran his hands over his face and into his hair.

"You really want to be apart of that?" Theo looked at Juliet skeptically.

"Yes. I know what I've gotten myself into. Matter of fact I'm going to help your dumb asses with the damn cabinet" The amount of sass that Juliet had crammed into her small body was remarkable.

"Yes sir" Theo saluted the girl.

"When do we start that by the way?" Juliet turned to look directly at Draco now.

"Tomorrow" Draco nodded his head.

"Okay, well I should go now" Juliet looked down to the ground quickly before meeting Draco's eyes. She once again found herself in an awkward situation. "Okay, bye then" her nose scrunched as she turned around, only to be stopped by a hand on her wrist. Suddenly she was spun around and pulled into Draco's body. His hands rested on her waist as he dipped his head down, planting a tender kiss against her lips. "Goodnight Jules" A smirk was planted on his face as he stared into her eyes. A blush covered Juliet's face when she remembered that Theo was watching them but she pushed it away as she locked their lips together once more.

"Goodnight, Draco" Juliet smiled softly before taking a step back. Her body suddenly felt cold at the loss of his touch.

Theo watched as the small brunette left them alone in the common room and once he was sure she was gone, he turned to his friend.

"She could get hurt Draco...if he finds out-.."

"He won't and even if he does, I won't let anyone hurt her" his words were firm and there was no sense of a lie behind them.

"You love her...don't you?" Theo asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't know what love feels like but all I know is that, the thought of a world without her in it, is enough to make me want to throw myself off the astronomy tower" Draco shook his head as he tried to rid the horrible thought from his mind.

"I'll watch out for her...whenever you're not around. I know I've done some horrible things to her but now I know how you feel about her...I'll do anything to make sure you don't lose someone that you care about" Draco knew he was telling the truth. Theodore Nott was many things but a liar was not one of them.

"Thank you" Draco nodded his head at the curly haired boy.

"Everything is about to change, if she knows how to fix the cabinet. It's go time Draco and there's no going back after it's done...she should know what's she actually helping us with-..."

"No. She won't know and you won't tell her. All she needs to know is that we need to fix the cabinet"

"But-.."

"Theo. You still do as I say. Don't think I've gone completely weak just because I care for her" Draco knew in his own heart that he had gone weak. At least for her anyway but there was no need for anyone else to know that.

"Okay" Theo finally gave in.

"Good. Now, we need to go. We have things to do" Draco left the common room, heading up the stairs to his dorm. Theo remained stuck to his spot, he had a bad feeling that things would not end well for Juliet or Draco, their love for each other would only get them killed.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼