Family

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

A few weeks had passed since Juliet found out that Theo was her brother. November was now in full bloom and the air had changed, physically and metaphorically. Draco had been under a lot of pressure from his father and the three teenagers had been working overtime to try and fix the vanishing cabinet. Juliet felt as though they were getting somewhere but Draco stated that it wasn't quick enough, which had earned him a lecture from Theo. Theo was taking his big brother duties very seriously, anytime Draco raised his voice or so much as looked at Juliet the wrong way, Theo was there, telling him that he was a dick and threatening to rip his head off.

Eleanor White had become increasingly more annoyed with Juliet and the two hadn't been talking as much as they once were. By the time Juliet got back to her dorm most nights, Eleanor was asleep and when she woke up, Eleanor had already gone down to breakfast. The girl claimed this was a classic case of one of half of the friendship getting a boyfriend. Little did she know that Draco and Juliet weren't there yet, matter of fact they hadn't progressed much from just having make out sessions but Eleanor felt as if she was being replaced and Juliet couldn't tell her the truth, most of the time, her and Draco weren't alone. She wasn't ditching Eleanor for Draco, she was helping her situation ship and her brother survive the dark lord.

Her heart was heavy this morning though, as it was her mother's birthday. Usually by now she would have sent her a letter and some sweets from honeydukes but she didn't know what it is she would say. She'd been thinking hard the past few weeks about whether she should confront her mother and find out whether she knew Tiberius was married when they met. She'd also questioned wether she should tell her about Theo, she knew her mother was a kind woman and she knew that she'd love to meet her daughters brother but it was up for debate about if Theo was ready for that.

Juliet was sat at the far end of the Ravenclaw table in the great hall with a piece of parchment and a quill in front of her. The page was still completely blank apart from the 'dear mother' that Juliet had wrote five minutes ago. She kept flicking her gaze onto the Slytherin table and everytime she did, Theo sent her a smile. It was still important to Draco that they didn't communicate in the presence of others so the subtle twitch of his lip was enough for Juliet.

The presence of someone next to her caught her attention and as she turned her head to the side, she was met with platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. Luna lovegood had taken the free spot next to Juliet but she didn't mind, she'd never had a problem with luna. Despite many people in her house and other houses giving her the nickname of 'looney lovegood'.

"Hello luna" Juliet gave her a soft smile before looking back down at her blank parchment.

"Juliet, you seem to be in turmoil. Your mind is clouded and full of wrackspurts. Maybe that's why you're having trouble writing anything" the girl had a dazed smile on her face as she stared into Juliet's eyes.

"Uh-how did you know I was in turmoil?" Juliet furrowed her brows and tilted her head to the side.

"I have this sense you see...I can see many things. It often...scares people away" Luna smiled softly once more and Juliet found herself smiling too.

"It was kind of you to notice Luna. I'm having trouble writing a letter to my mother. I recently found out some...things and I'm deciding wether or not to ask her about them" Juliet so nearly spilled everything to the kind girl next to her but she didn't doubt for a second that her secret would be safe with Luna.