From bad to worse

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet's day had started bad and it only got worse. After her self made embarrassment in the great hall, she was forced to spend an hour in the same classroom as Malfoy. Of course it made sense that he'd be in advanced potions, he was one of the smartest students in their year (as much as it pained Juliet to admit it) but somehow it took her off guard. That and the fact that he was seated on the desk right behind hers, the only thing that could have been worse, would have been if he was her partner. Juliet was happy to say she was partnered with Hermione Granger and with both of their minds combined, who knew what they would be able to produce.

Juliet was now making her way to the astronomy tower to get this year's briefs from the head boy and girl. Her fellow Ravenclaw prefect was Anthony Goldstein and Juliet had to admit, he wasn't the most endearing person that she'd ever met. He was rather...dull, but he wasn't Draco, so the fact that she had to patrol with him wasn't that bad.

Angelina Johnson and Graham Montague stood in front of all of the prefects. Their eyes flickered over everyone, as if they were trying to memorise their faces. Juliet kept her posture straight and her eyes focused on them, 1. Because she didn't want to miss anything and 2. This way she wouldn't be tempted to see if Draco was staring at her like he had been this morning.

"So there is a change to how things will work this year. As much as you working in your perspective house pairs has been great. Dumbledore believes it will be good for different houses to mix together, to form unity.
So...we are going to read from this list and whoever your name is called with, will be your patrol partner for the rest of the year" Angelina smiled softly as she finished talking but Juliet's face fell...in this moment she wished she could fall to her knees and pray to Merlin.

"Anthony Goldstein and Hermione Granger" that was the first call out Juliet heard and it was the last as she zoned out. She was sure whoever her partner was would appear in front of her, so she chose not to listen.

"Juliet...juliet!" The clicking of fingers in front of her face, pulled her from her trance.

"Y-yes sorry Angelina" Juliet's face grew red with embarrassment.

"You're with Malfoy" Angelina nodded before turning to talk to another student. Juliet's whole world fell apart. She couldn't think of anything worse than this. Was this punishment from all of the times she'd thought badly of someone?.

She gulped as she stood up. Quickly diverting her eyes onto the blonde boy, who was already staring at her. His eyes were narrowed as they travelled up and down her body. Juliet pulled her robes tighter around her before clearing her throat and leaving the tower. They only had to patrol together, they didn't have to speak.

The sound of her shoes hitting the floor echoed down the empty corridor and the cold wind engulfed her body but she felt it nice. It eased the burning of her cheeks. Juliet could now make out more than just her own set of footsteps and she knew they belonged to him.

"Can you like, slow down a little?" He scoffed as he jogged to catch her up, but Juliet didn't speak. She bit her tongue. Hard.

"You're not going to speak to me? Let me guess you're one of those 'I hate all Slytherin's' when you don't even know us?" Draco was now walking by her side and Juliet knew that even if she ran, he'd catch her up. His legs were double the length of hers.

"I just see no point in conversing when there is work to be done" Juliet kept her face emotionless and her voice flat as she spoke.

"Well that's going to be rather boring" Draco let out a small snicker and Juliet's whole body stilled. She's never heard him laugh, she didn't even think she'd ever seen him smile. Laugh again, it's a beautiful sound. No! Juliet wished she could punch her self conscious right now. "Something wrong Walter's?" Draco quirked his brow.

"No...nothing at all" Juliet gulped. This was going to be a long night.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼