Christmas with you

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Theodore had figured out very quickly what 'top and tailing meant' and he had to say, having Juliet Walters feet in his face, wasn't one of his life goals. Matter of fact, he decided after two nights that sleeping on the floor was a better option.

He'd never felt more welcomed into a home in his whole life, not even at the Malfoy's. Olivia was a kind woman, a gentle woman and an amazing mother. No matter how angry Theo was with his father for cheating on his mother, he couldn't deny that he'd chosen the perfect woman to do it with.

His previous Christmas' has been ones of misery. Tiberius Nott didn't believe in the joy that the holiday was meant to bring, so Theo often found himself in his room alone, with a book on his lap but tonight, on Christmas Eve he was sat in the kitchen with his sister and her mother, eating dinner. Like a family should.

"So Theodore, tell me, what are your aspirations after you leave Hogwarts?" Olivia looked at Theodore with a smile before she carried on eating.

"Well...I think I'd like to maybe go into healing of some sort. It feels right, my mother's healers were amazing when she was ill and I'd like to do that for someone one day too" Theo smiled softly as he thought of his mother.

"That's amazing, what a kind soul you are" Olivia placed her hand on top of Theo's and gave it a squeeze "Juliet always wanted to be an auror, is that still the case dear?" Olivia looked to her daughter, who currently had a mouth full of peas.

"Um- that or maybe a professor...I think teaching would be interesting" Juliet nodded at her own words and Theo found himself picturing it in his head. Professor Malfoy....well he hoped it would be Malfoy.

"Oh yes, being a professor would certainly be amazing. I have to say the professors at that school are great" Olivia smiled again but Theo could see a frown on Juliet's face from the corner of his eye. Something was bothering her and when he saw her place her fork down and clear her throat, he knew she was going for gold.

"How would you know that mother?" Juliet had a deep crease between her eyebrows and the room suddenly fell silent. Theo didn't know where to look.

"Well-um..."

"Mother" Juliet practically growled.

"Well I-professor dumbledore, he was a kind man"

"What do you mean? How do you know dumbledore?" Juliet leant forward's and Theo could see her mind working a million miles per second, as it often did.

"He came here...almost 17 years ago" Olivia was staring down at her lap and Theo was more than confused but by the look on Juliet's face, she knew exactly what that meant.

"He did the spell on me...he's the reason that no one can enter my mind...I don't...why?" Juliet was sputtering her words.

"He turned up after you were born...he said he was aware of my situation and he informed me he was also a wizard and a teacher at Hogwarts. He told me that one day, a letter would arrive for you, one that invited you to learn there and I was...reluctant. I didn't want you to go somewhere, where he would find you. I knew Tiberius had another child that would be in the same year as you and I was worried for your well being. Dumbledore said he could ease my nerves and that's when he placed the spell on you, I didn't know it would last this long Juliet" Olivia's eyes had tears that were ready to spill and Juliet looked like she'd seen a ghost.

Theodore cleared his throat before looking at Juliet, trying to gain her attention but she was staring directly at her mother with an unreadable look on her face.

"What was the spell he used?" Theo was confused at first but then he realised, Juliet sought to use it on Draco.

"I don't remember Juliet" Olivia shook her head before collecting everyone's nearly empty plates and taking them across the kitchen.

Juliet stood up from her chair quickly, making it scrape against the floor before she disappeared into the hallway. Theo was quick to follow her, making his way up the stairs behind her and once she was in the safety of her room, she began to pull everything from her trunk.

"Jules what the hell are you doing?" Theo watched the girl frantically look for something.

"I need to know that spell" Juliet grabbed all of her books and looked at every title before throwing them back into her trunk.

"Jules...if dumbledore did it, it's probably really old, you won't find it" Theo grabbed ahold of her wrist to stop her movements.

"But I can protect him!"

"Juliet!" Theo now had ahold of both of her wrists "listen to me...it's impossible" Theo shook his head as a sad smile covered his face.

"Let's just...go to sleep" Juliet let out a sigh as Theo released her wrists from his grip. He watched her climb under the sheets of her bed and pull them right up to her neck.

"Jules..." Theo took a step forward but stopped himself. Instead, he turned around and made his way back downstairs.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼