The letter

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet's eyes fluttered open, there was no light in the room, not even a little bit seeping through the curtains. Her alarm clock read '6:05' and that made Juliet let out a loud sigh. Theo's breathing was the only sound she could hear and she had a feeling, she was the only one awake, so with careful steps she managed to climb over Theo and head downstairs into the kitchen. Her mother was no where to be seen and the whole downstairs was silent. Too silent.

The only light she could see from the hallway was the lights of the Christmas tree and as she walked into the living room, she saw all of the presents resting under the tree. They were in perfect piles and Juliet knew her mother had stayed up late last night to organise them, she always did.

Juliet flopped down onto the sofa and wiped her hands over her face, she felt exhausted, her sleep was not peaceful. Instead her mind was filled with images of Dumbledore, the dark lord and Draco. They were haunting her mind, in her every waking second and in her sleep.

She forced her eyes shut, hoping to shut them away but it didn't work, there was too much she needed to know....too much she strived to know. The curse of being a Ravenclaw was all too strong. As she listened to the eery silence, the creak of a floorboard caught her attention and then the sound of light footsteps on the stairs.

Theodore Nott poked his head around the door frame and a tight lipped smile covered his face when he saw Juliet sprawled on the sofa.

"Merry Christmas" Theo whispered as he walked over and lifted her legs before sitting down and dropping them back onto his lap.

"Merry Christmas Theo" Juliet smiled softly but she felt anything but merry.

"Are you okay?" Theo's eyebrows were pulled down and a deep crease rested between them.

"Yes...no, I don't know" Juliet slapped her hands over her face and let out a huff of air.

"Just forget about it all for one day...let's have a nice Christmas with your mother and you can go back to worrying about it tomorrow" Theo placed his hand upon Juliet head and ruffled up her long brown hair.

"Must you always do that!" Juliet slapped his hand away.

"I think it's quite funny actually" Theo chuckled as he poked Juliet's cheeks.

"Yeah? Will you still think it's funny when I fucki-..."

"Good morning" the voice of Olivia caused Juliet to snap her mouth shut. Theo let a snicker fall from his mouth as Olivia looked at Juliet with raised eyebrows.

"Juliet I hope you weren't about to swear in this house" her mother's arms were crossed over her chest and Juliet would of been scared if she hadn't of known that her mother actually didn't care.

"Nope, of course not" Juliet smiled sweetly, like the angel she was.

"Good" her mother smiled before clapping her hands together "right! Presents" Olivia walked over to the tree and lifted up two presents and handed them to Juliet before doing the same for Theo.

"Oh you didn't have to get me anything I-..."

"Oh Theodore...don't be so silly. I would never leave you out" Olivia smiled before taking a seat on the lounge chair and staring at the two teenagers eagerly.