Through the hard times

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet's whole life had changed and then changed once more in the past few months. She'd found herself finally happy, only for it to be torn away from her in an instant. This only reminded her why she didn't let herself fall for anyone, this was why she was better alone. Just her and Eleanor, always.

Eleanor had become Juliet's entire world, she'd bought her food and water, made her get up to shower and collected all of her homework for her for a whole week whilst Juliet rotted in the comfort of her dorm. As far as her professors knew, she was ill with the flu but that was far from the truth, she was suffering her first heart break.

Even though she told Draco not to talk to her and told Theo she wished she never found out they were related, she'd asked Eleanor to keep an eye on them from afar. It didn't surprise her best friend, Juliet had always been a kind soul. So, Eleanor did just that and in her opinion, Draco was a wreck, he looked as if he hadn't slept and he barely ate at meal times. Theodore was also back to his pre Juliet self, taunting other students in the corridor and hardly turning up to classes. It made Eleanor realise just how much Juliet had impacted their lives.

Juliet couldn't afford to miss any more classes, she needed to carry on with her life, so today she got out of bed and got dressed into her uniform that felt unfamiliar on her body. She'd lost some weight whilst she'd been bed bound and it was more obvious that she once thought. Her skirt no longer fit her waist and her shirt hung way too far down her neck, that her tie looked peculiar.

Her and Eleanor walked the corridors in silence, Juliet's feet were dragging along but she didn't have the energy to lift them properly. When they made it into the great hall, Juliet felt instantly anxious, it had been a while since she'd been around this many people at once and her head felt heavy, a wave a dizziness washing over her as she swallowed back her saliva.
Any small appetite she did have was gone and all she could do was stare at her empty plate. A hand grasped her own and when she looked up, Eleanor was looking at her with pity in her eyes.

"Jules you have to eat" Eleanor gave her friend a sad smile.

"El I don't want to" Juliet's words were quiet.

"Please Jules, just-..."

"I said no!" Juliet stood to her feet quickly, knocking the table with her thighs as she did so. Her loud voice had earned the attention of everyone in the hall and that was the last straw, she suddenly felt like all the air had been sucked from her lungs. Her hand went straight to her chest, her heart was working overtime. Was this how she was going to die?.

Her eyes flickered around the hall and they met instantly with a pair of green ones. Theodore was watching her intently, his knuckles had turned white as he clasped his hand around his cutlery. He could tell just by looking at her that she wasn't well, that something was wrong and when she tore her eyes away and fled from the hall, he followed her.

"Juliet?" Theo couldn't see her at first, she couldn't have disappeared that quickly. But then he heard it, the sound of sobs. His feet carried him quickly slightly down the corridor and that's when he saw her. Curled up against the wall, with her knees pulled to her chest. Her eyes looked empty, as if she wasn't in her own mind.

"Jules please say something" Theo placed his hands on her body, hoping that his touch would bring her back, but it didn't. She was staring straight ahead, like she didn't even see him. Theo was panicking, he wasn't clued up on this sort of thing, he had no idea what to do and as he stood back onto his feet, his hands pulled at the roots of his hair.

In the midst of Theo's stress, he heard footsteps echoing down the hall and when he turned to see who they belonged to. He saw the one person who could potentially fix this.

"Draco!" Theo shouted out and he watched as Draco's tired eyes found him. The blonde boy seemed confused but as he walked closer, his mouth fell open. There in front of him, was the girl he'd been dreaming of ever since he told her to go.

"What happened?" Draco could no longer hide his concern. If he'd of known it would get this bad, he wouldn't have said it.

"She ran out of the hall and now it's like she's not in there, she doesn't even know I'm here Draco. I'm worried about her" Theo shook his head rapidly and Draco gulped as he crouched down in front of the sobbing girl. The brown eyes that once sparkled with the sun of the future were now dead, they looked more black than anything else.

"Jules...it's me. You've got to come back now" Draco's hands found their way to her face and he couldn't deny how amazing it felt to have them back where they belonged. "Please Juliet, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...if I could take it all back I would. I love you, I love you" Draco felt a tear fall from his eye and he watched as it landed on the bare skin of Juliet's knee.

The brunette girl was still unresponsive and Draco blamed himself. He pushed her away to keep her safe but here she was, unable to even connect with her surroundings, lost inside of her own mind.

"She needs Madame pomfrey Draco" Theo's voice wavered and Draco knew that he felt just as heartbroken as he did right now.

Draco nodded his head and slid his arm under Juliet's legs as he wrapped one around her torso. He lifted her up slowly, making sure not to drop her and once she was securely in his grip he realised the extent of his words. Her body was thin and frail, she weighed nothing. Not that she was heavy before, because she wasn't but now...there was nothing too her. He walked quickly down the corridor, all the way to the medical wing and as he barged into the room with Theo on his tail, his eyes locked with Madame pomfrey.

"Oh dear! What's happened" Madame pomfrey was a kind woman, much like a sweet grandma and Draco knew Juliet would be well cared for here.

"She's having some sort of breakdown Madame" Theo chimed in from behind Draco.

"Set her down on that bed there" the small woman pointed to an empty bed that was in the middle of the room and Draco placed Juliet down carefully before standing up and ruffling his hand through his perfectly styled hair.

"I'll give her this calming draught and she should go straight to sleep, I imagine she will be out for a while" Madame pomfrey gave the worried boys a warm smile before popping the cork from the potion bottle and tilting Juliet's head back, pouring the potion down her throat.

The boys watched nervously as Juliet's cries subsided and her eyes started to flutter closed. Theo rushed forwards and put a hand behind Juliet's back, lowering her body down flat, until she was safely on her back and asleep. Draco took residency at her bedside, taking her small hand into his own.

He thought that to protect her, she needed to be without him but he was wrong. If he wanted her to be safe, he needed to keep her as close as possible. He decided in that moment that he would put himself at risk to make sure nothing happened to her. He would fight the dark lord to the death to keep her safe and he would go against every order to make sure she lived.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼