The invite

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Bliss. That's what it was like when Juliet woke up the next morning, her kiss with Draco was swirling through her mind, butterflies erupted in her stomach when she thought of his soft pink lips pressed against hers. She was well aware that he'd be the death of her but she couldn't stay away now.

It was a chilly Saturday morning, the air was starting to change as they headed into October and Juliet was beyond excited for all things winter, especially now that she had Draco. Not that he was hers, but she hoped maybe one day that he would be. Her heart was telling her to tell Eleanor, the girl was her bestfriend and having her first kiss and kind of dysfunctional relationship, was something she should know but the hatred for Draco and all Slytherins was rooted deeply. So she went for the easier option, she had told her that they were somewhat friends, that their time patrolling together had revealed they had more in common than she once thought, Eleanor barely bought it but she didn't press it any further.

A light tapping on the window caused Juliet to sit up in bed, her eyebrows furrowed as she stood to her feet, reaching up and pulling the small window open. A grey owl was waiting for her, perched on her windowsill and in its beak, a letter. The envelope was a matte black and on the flip side was a large 'M' in gold foil. Only one person would have such extravagant envelopes.

My dearest Juliet,

I hope your sleep was satisfying. Mine most definitely was. You're face and lips clouded my mind and all night and I cannot wait to feel them again.

I invite you to join me tonight, in the Slytherin common room, there's a party going down and I think being in a dark crowded room is the best way for us to go unnoticed. Feel free to bring Eleanor along, I know you won't go anywhere without her.

I hope that Smokey was kind to you when he delivered your letter. He can be, well, temperamental sometimes.

Yours truly

Draco

Juliet's face flushed a bright shade of red as she read the words on the page. His perfect scrawl was her new favourite thing to read. She folded the letter and shoved it under her pillow before she gently stroked Smokey's wings, signalling that it was okay for him to return to the owlery now. She watched as the bird disappeared into the clouds that surrounded the Ravenclaw tower.

Draco had invited her to a party and although she'd been to parties before, she was sure they were nothing like a Slytherin party. She'd need to blend in, become unnoticeable. Eleanor would definitely have some revealing dresses that she could steal but first she'd have to convince her blonde haired friend that it was a good idea.

"Hey el!" Juliet shouted, hoping the girl could hear her from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Yeah!" Eleanor called back, her voice slightly muffled.

"Wanna go to a party tonight?" Juliet bit her lip harshly as she heard the bathroom door click open. Revealing a shocked looking Eleanor.

"Who are you and what have you done with Jules?! And what party? I haven't heard about one?" Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows and Juliet smiled sheepishly.

"Well-uh...it's a Slytherin party. We've been invited on behalf of Draco" Juliet smiled widely but Eleanor's eyes turned to slits.

"You want to go to a Slytherin party that Draco Malfoy invited you to? What is going on in the world" Eleanor looked around as if she was in some sort of alternate reality.

"I just think it will be fun...pleaseeee" Juliet gave her best puppy dog eyes. Knowing that Eleanor could never resist them.

"Fine! But we need to look hot! Everyone has to know that Ravenclaws do it best!" Eleanor waved her hands around in the air as she spoke and Juliet let a laugh surpass her lips.

"Of course el! Which is why, I want you to dress me" Juliet knew this would make el happy. She'd been begging her for years.

"Oh my Merlin! Oh-let's start now! It has to be perfect!" Eleanor started running around the room, pulling open all of her draws and her trunk. Throwing multiple pieces of clothing out of the way and onto the floor.

"I hope you know that you're cleaning that up later" Juliet sighed as she flopped back down onto her bed.

"Yes! Now...get your cute little ass over here!" Eleanor was about to burst with excitement.

As Juliet walked across the room, she imagined how Draco would react when he saw her in such a revealing dress. It would be much different than her oversized robes. She didn't know when she became the girl who craved a man's attention but she also wasn't complaining. It wasn't just any man. Juliet prayed to Merlin that tonight went smoothly and that it wouldn't end with her crying or with someone else beaten to a pulp. That someone potentially being Draco after Eleanor catches them together, doing a lot more than talking.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼