Exchanged words

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Eleanor did in fact return later that night, with Juliet's letter in her hands. Although Juliet was eager to read it, she needed a shower, desperately. So, Madame Pomfrey agreed that it was good idea and allowed Eleanor to take Juliet to the seventh floor prefects bathroom where she had a long hot shower. Her hair was no longer tangled to her scalp and she felt better overall.

As Eleanor sat behind Juliet on her bed, brushing all the knots from her damp hair. Juliet was deep in thought, Theo's words had stuck with her and she decided she would talk to Draco before she went home in two days time. It would either make or break her soul but either way, it had to be done.

Visiting hours went by too quickly and Eleanor was suddenly being ushered out of the room by Madame Pomfrey, leaving Juliet to her own devices again. She stared intently at the letter that was sat on her bedside, it had a been a few weeks since she'd received it but she knew the words would impact her all the same.

My dearest Juliet,

I am so sorry that you had to find out like this. Yes I knew that your father was due to have another child but not until after I fell pregnant with you.

He told me the day that I told him I was expecting and he was angry. That's when I also found out about what he was. That he was a wizard and a pureblood one at that. I didn't understand what it meant but he explained it. I knew instantly that he wouldn't be able to care for you as he did for his other child for you were not of pure blood.

I had a feeling that his child would also attend Hogwarts at the same time as you when the day came and that's why I kept his last name a secret from you. Letting you get onto that train was the scariest thing I had ever done. I didn't want him to find out you were there.

I'm glad you've discovered another part of your lineage and I can't imagine how great it must be to have a brother. I'd very much like to meet him Juliet but I understand if you would rather be with them now. They have more to offer to you than I ever have and ever will.

Your father was not always a bad man. When I met him, he was full of life and had so much love to give but now I'm not sure if that was fake as well, like the rest of his life story was.

Juliet, you are more powerful than you'll ever know and when you next come home, I will explain it all to you but just know I took precautions to make you safe when you were merely a baby, you are protected from him and from any other who tries to find out who you are.

I love you always my darling girl

Mother xx

Juliet dropped the paper into her lap, tear stains soaked the page and her mother's words smudged underneath them. Her heart broke all over again and the urge to go home was greater than ever.

Juliet had already figured out what her mother meant when she said she took precautions to keep her safe. It's why Draco couldn't read her mind, why no one could. She didn't know how she'd done it but she had.

Juliet wiped her tears from her cheeks and then buried her face into her hands. She hoped that her mother's letter would bring her peace but it did the opposite, she felt utterly conflicted.

"You shouldn't read things that make you sad Juliet"

That voice.

Juliet immediately removed her hands from her face and there he was, stood at the end of her bed with a tight lipped smile on his face.

"D-Draco" Juliet scooted upwards in bed, placing her hands into her lap.

"Theo let it slip that you were going to go home and I thought I should come and talk to you" Draco took a seat in the chair next to the bed and rested his ankle up on his knee. A very boyish way to sit.

"Yeah...I was actually going to come and talk to you...Draco I...I understand, you don't want me to be in the middle of this but please listen...Theo is my brother, I'm already involved, if not for you, I am for him" Juliet looked down to her hands before glancing back up, to see him staring at her.

"I know and i spoke out of turn to you, I shouldn't have said anything that I did. When I came to you in the corridor, I realised the extent of my words and I wanted to take them all back. The truth is Juliet, I've never been in love with anyone before, I didn't know what it felt like but when you walked out of the dorm that night...I felt like a piece of my heart was taken with you. No matter how much I try and push you away, you'll always have a piece of my heart Juliet Walter's and it was foolish of me to think you'd be better off without me because either way, the deatheaters could come for you and if they do, I want to be there...I would throw myself in front of the killing curse for you" Draco let out a loud sigh before rubbing his tired eyes with the palms of his hands "what I'm trying to say is....i want to fight with you...i want to dodge fate with you...I want to be the one to make love to you....i love you Juliet"

Juliet felt hot tears hit her cheeks, falling over the tear stains that were already there. I love you Juliet.

Her eyes were as wide as they could possibly be and the last part of her broken heart slid right back into place. A part of her heart also belonged to Draco, as did his.

"I love you Draco" Juliet choked out the words and a smile graced Draco's gorgeous face.

"Say it again" Draco stood up and moved to sit on the bed.

"I love you Draco Malfoy, I love you" Juliet's lips spread into a grin before Draco smashed his lips against hers. Juliet's whole body ignited and the flame deep within was relit. Their mouths moulded together like they were made for eachother and any rational thoughts in Juliet's mind, went out the window as soon as she felt Draco's hand slide up her thigh under the blankets. Juliet's confidence grew with every second and she found herself placing her small hands against Draco's chest, sliding them down further and further until they rested on the buckle of his belt, as her small fingers fiddled with the metal, Draco pulled away breathlessly.

"Jules..."

"Did I do something wrong?" Juliet's cheeks flushed red.

"No no no, that was amazing but I'm not doing this with you, for the first time in a hospital bed" Draco rested his forehead against hers and let out a chuckle.

"Oh right" Juliet giggled before placing one more kiss to Draco's now swollen lips. She moved her body over swiftly before lifting the blankets and allowing Draco to slide his slender body in next to her. His arm immediately went around her back and her head fell to his chest. The sound of his steady heart soothed Juliet, sending her into the first deep sleep she'd had in a while.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼