He isnt capable of such things

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1943

Juliet was fastening her tie around her neck when a harsh knock sounded around her room. With furrowed eyebrows, Juliet walked across the room and opened her door, to reveal Tom Riddle, with a forced smile on his face.

"Um hi?" Juliet looked at him in question.

"I've come to escort you to breakfast" He smiled but Juliet could tell it was paining him.

"Why?" Juliet let out a snicker but Tom glared at her. "Sorry" she mumbled.

"A week of being...nice, is what you asked of me. So, here I am" Tom was insanely annoyed with the brunette in front of him.

"Ohhh, that makes more sense. Let me just get my stuff" Juliet turned around, leaving Tom stood in the doorway, as she shoved a few books into her bag. Her eyes fell upon her necklace, the one that Draco had given to her. She hadn't been wearing it but something told her that she should, so, she picked it up and walked towards the mirror. Her small fingers struggled with the clasp and Tom, being impatient, walked into the room and snatched the item from her grasp.

"What are you doing?" Juliet growled as she tried to reach for her necklace.

"You're taking too long" Tom sneered as he bought the chain around Juliet's neck and clasped it shut. Letting it fall on top of her school tie.

The emerald glistened as Juliet moved side to side and a smile grew on her face as she remembered where it had come from.

"A very interesting piece. It looks...expensive" Tom looked thoughtful as he inspected the necklace. He knew there was no way that Juliet had bought it herself or even that her family had.

"Um yes, it is, my mother got it for me" Juliet smiled awkwardly before clearing her throat. "Let's go" the small girl turned on the spot and walked out of her room but Tom stood stuck to his spot, she had lied to him and he would figure out why.

Tom finally descended the stairs into the common room, only to find, Juliet surrounded by his followers. His nostrils flared in annoyance, he wasn't jealous, no. He didn't do jealousy. It just annoyed him, how none of them could see her deception.

"That's a beautiful necklace" Rosier spoke with a smile and Tom found himself suddenly interested in their pathetic conversation.

"Thank you" Juliet smiled softly, but she looks nervous and Tom smirked.

"An emerald? Your family must of been rich beyond words" Timothee scoffed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Did you say an emerald?" Abraxas Malfoy was probably the most clued up on expensive jewellery. His family owned a whole vault of antiques.

"That's strange" Abraxas' eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Juliet's neck. "It looks just like one that my family have. But it couldn't possibly be, because that emerald was taken from the Vladimir tiara" Abraxas chuckled but Tom watched as Juliet's whole body stiffened.

"Um-I'm sure it's a coincidence" Juliet scratched her head. Tom's eyes burned holes into the side of her face, his interest had definitely peaked.

"All of you, leave me and Juliet alone please" Tom looked over the boys with a glare and they all reluctantly stood up, smoothing out their robes and leaving the common room. Juliet gulped as she realised she was left alone with Tom, his presence was intense and quite frankly, it made Juliet fearful.

"You're a good liar Juliet...it's a shame that I'm good at sensing lies. I think, you should tell me the truth. You have one chance, if you choose to lie again, then your fate is sealed" Tom walked towards the sofas, with his wand tightly in his grip. Juliet's eyes flitted between his and his wand, she sucked in a deep breath before staring straight into his soul.

"Fine. I'm from 1996. I have a power that lets me time travel. My name is actually Juliet Nott and Timothee is my grandfather. This emerald is the one from the Malfoy vault, because Abraxas' grandson gave it to me for Christmas and I'm here to change the future and save the wizarding world, from you"

Tom narrowed his eyes in on hers, trying to find a tell that she was lying but he found none. Her face was flat and it didn't falter once as she spoke.

"Tell me everything" Tom growled and so she did, they sat for more than hour as Juliet explained it all to Tom. She told him, how she was once a Walters but was now actually a Nott, she told him how there was a prophecy about her. How she was the one who could save the wizarding world from the grips of 'Lord Voldemort'. A name that actually made Tom visibly shudder.

"You're here to stop me...so why haven't you killed me yet" Tom's brown eyes bore into hers.

"Because, I'm not a killer" Juliet sighed.

"Yet you have that mark on your arm. A mark that I so say gave to you" Tom scoffed.

"Not by choice. I will not kill you because I believe that you can be saved" Juliet looked down to her lap, she realised how insane she sounded.

"So you're going to bargain with me now? Beg me to not do the things that I've already done and then you'll leave and go back to your beautiful new world, whilst I stay here and live out my life, until I'm old and grey?"

"Just give me a chance, a chance to show you that life doesn't have to be the way you think. I have until October, that's when my father and brother will wake me up from the sleeping spell. Give me until then" Juliet looked at the boy with pleading eyes but he sneered at her.

"And why shouldn't I kill you?" Tom growled.

"If you kill me here...I die in 1996" Juliet lowered her gaze and Tom's small amount of sympathy seemed to burn through his cold exterior, for only a second.

"The Malfoy boy, who gave you that necklace. You love him?" Tom nearly chocked on his saliva as he spoke the word.

"Yes. Although, we are technically not together at this current time but I have to go home to him" Juliet nodded her head slowly.

"Love is for the weak. I do not experience such futile feelings" Tom's disgust ran deep. Something that he blamed his mother for.

"Love does not make you weak. Love is the sole centre of everything, it brings joy on even the darkest days" Juliet watched as Tom's eyes found hers.

"Enough of this" Tom cleared his throat as he stood up. "Try your best Miss Nott but don't be disheartened when you go home, with nothing" Tom gave her one last fleeting look before he stormed out of the common room. Leaving Juliet alone to wallow in her mistakes.

"I'm sorry" Juliet spoke quietly as she looked upwards. She'd done the thing that she should of never done. The one thing her father made very clear.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼