Knock down my walls

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1943

Tom Riddle was a lonely boy, he always had been. His heart had been made of ice for as long as he could remember. Friends were never something that he cared for, he didn't need their approval or support, all he had ever wanted was someone's undying submission. He wanted to lead armies and destroy all that he had a distaste for and he had it. His fellow Slytherin boys very quickly fell under his command, they did as he told them, they listened to his every word but the second he laid his eyes upon Juliet, he sought for more. Her bubbly personality, her need for fun and love had wore him down and he'd let her fire melt the icy glacier that was his heart. The need to be good that he'd recently found, relied on her. She was the core of his empathy and forgiving. He'd never admit it, but he would die over and over if it meant that she would live and the fact that she was going to be gone in less than a week, was driving him insane. He had vowed to live his mortal life so that her world would be safe but without her, he feared he would break his vow.

He wanted her to stay, he needed her to stay but whilst Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy existed in nineteen ninety six, it was a lost cause. He could see the love that she had formed for his fellow Slytherin's, it oozed out of every pore on her body but it would never be enough.

"I asked you all to come here because...in a week...I'll be leaving" her soft voice bought Tom back into the room. He watched as the boys faces fell and even Lucas, who had never spoke a work to Juliet, looked slightly disheartened.

"What?" Evan looked heartbroken, completely devastated.

"It turns out, I have family, in Ireland and I think I should be with them" Tom had heard this story, Juliet had already ran it by him.

"So you're just going to leave" Timothee seemed agitated.

"I'm sorry" Juliet looked down to her feet.

"You've been a light in our lives dear Juliet" Abraxas placed his hand over his heart.

"We'll miss you" Anthony smiled softly.

"I'll come and visit, I promise" this was another thing that Juliet had told Tom, that she could come and visit whenever she pleased.

"Whatever" Evan rolled his eyes and stood up, walking away from the small brunette girl, even though she called his name.

"Never knew he was so sensitive" Abraxas spoke with a snicker but Timothee just smacked the back of his head.

"Boys maybe we should let Tom and Juliet talk" Anthony spoke and Tom watched as Abraxas' mouth formed an 'o' shape. The four other boys stood up and left the room, leaving Tom and Juliet in complete silence.

"That went worse than I thought" Juliet said quietly as she dropped onto the sofa next to Tom.

His heart was screaming at him, telling him to tell her, to ask her and for once, he let it win.

"Stay"

"What?" Juliet furrowed her eyebrows.

"Stay. Stay with me, with us" Tom let his eyes burn into hers but all he saw, was confusion.

"I-I can't. I have to go back, I promised Theo and Draco" Juliet felt her heart deflate.

"That's the thing...I've been thinking...if draco doesn't exist. You have no real reason to leave" Tom narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Juliet looked horrified at his words.

"If I kill Abraxas right now...the Malfoy line, ends" Tom smirked devishly.

"No-no. You can't, you'll be creating a whole new timeline and I'll hate you" Juliet stood to her feet, backing away from the brunette boy.

"I'd rather have you here and you hate me than lose you. Do you really think I'll keep up this good boy act, if you leave?" Tom growled, standing to his feet.

"Tom" Juliet looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I always get what I want and I want you, here" Tom's nostrils flared as he backed Juliet up against the wall.

"Please" Juliet could feel tears brewing as she screwed her eyes shut. This was it, she would never go home. Images of her brother and of Draco, flashed through her mind. "Wait" Juliet's eyes sprung open. "Come with me back to 1996. The version of you there, won't exist anymore, you can have another chance at life, there. With me" there was a slight glimmer in Juliet's eyes as she looked at him.

"How" Tom hissed.

"My power works through my subconscious, it's like, when I'm asleep, I have a choice, I can decide where I go. As long as you're touching me and you open your mind to mine, I can take you as well" Juliet let out a breath of air.

"But my physical body doesn't exist in 1996, yours does" Tom felt his heart drop at his own revelation.

"I-I don't-your journal!" Juliet pushed past his body and ran over to the sofas, holding his leather bound book into the air. "Your journal exists, in both places. Even though your one in 1996 is destroyed, I could still hear it. It still holds magic Tom" Juliet felt a smile growing on her face and Tom felt one growing on his as well.

"You're brilliant" Tom spoke with more enthusiasm than Juliet had ever heard before.

"I can use your journal to pull you through on the other side. As long as this one is in your hands here" Juliet pulled her lip between her teeth.

"Now I see it"

"See what?"

"You're a Ravenclaw" Tom mumbled.

"That i am" Juliet beamed brightly.

"How do I trust that you'll do it?" Tom's face fell flat as he looked at Juliet, he could see a sadness behind her eyes.

"I promise" Juliet spoke with wide eyes and for some reason, Tom believed her.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼