Getting along

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

Juliet was currently sat in Draco's room, eating the left overs of her food that her and Draco had stolen from the kitchens earlier. She was clad head to toe in Draco's clothes, having asked to 'borrow' some things because she was too cold in what she'd chosen to wear. The blonde boy had rolled his eyes and complained but eventually he gave in, throwing her a pair of black joggers and a dark green sweatshirt. Juliet had never seen Draco Malfoy in anything that wasn't his uniform or a suit and she could only imagine what he'd look like in a pair of joggers with no shirt on.

"Earth to Jules" Draco waved his hand in front of her drifting gaze.

"Yeah? Sorry, I wasn't in the room for a second there" Juliet let out a nervous laugh as a blush rose up her neck onto her cheeks.

"I was just asking you about your father. You haven't mentioned him at all" Draco gazed at her face, her eyes were weary at the mention of the man who had created her and he suddenly felt uneasy. He had a tendency to say the wrong things.

"Um well, there's not much to say. He died when I was still a baby. I don't remember him and I've only seen photos" Juliet shrugged as she picked at the skin around her fingers. A nervous habit she'd picked up over the years.

"Oh, I see" Draco had no idea how to comfort another. Let alone the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

"From what my mother has said, he was a difficult man. He was always on the move, never at home for longer than a week. She never went into it more than that and I stopped asking when I was about thirteen. I just decided that I didn't need to know" Juliet gave Draco a tight lipped smile.

"He was a pureblood wasn't he?" Draco watched her intently. She seemed to be...on edge.

"I don't see why it matters?" Juliet's tone changed within a matter of seconds. The once lighthearted conversation now weighed a thousand tonnes.

"It doesn't, I was just asking" now he'd upset her. Great.

"I'm sorry, it's just...I despise blood supremacy. It makes me feel sick" Juliet shook her head in disgust. She'd always felt less for not being of 'un tainted blood'. She was what others would say was a 'disgrace of a sinful act' because wizards should not breed with non magical folk.

"I know, I-fuck...Jules don't be mad, please" Draco took ahold of her small hand in his and rubbed circles on her delicate skin.

"I'm not mad...I should go back to my dorm, el is probably worried" She stood to her feet and readjusted Draco's sweatshirt before clearing throat.

"Do you want me to walk with you?" Draco went to stand up only for Juliet to politely shake her head.

"It's okay, I'm a big girl" Juliet sent him a playful smile.

"I don't doubt that you are, just be careful in the common room" Draco gave her a warning look. One that said 'if anyone tried to talk to you, you scream'.

"I will, see you later" Juliet didn't know what was an appropriate goodbye. Did she hug him? Kiss him?. Instead she settled on an awkward wave.

As soon as she did it she turned around in embarrassment and screwed up her face. Draco was her first kiss and even though she was the one who kissed him, she was more nervous to do it again. She didn't wait for him to call after her as she left his room, closing the door firmly behind her before she descended down the stairs. The common room was mostly empty apart from a few first years and she was glad there was no sign of Pansy Parkinson or Theodore Nott.

Juliet left through the large wooden door, only to bump into someone's chest as she did. She knew who it was before she even looked up. The collision felt familiar.

"Ah Juliet Walters...the second time you've been here within 24 hours...something you like in there?" Theo pointed his finger at the door to the common room.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I have to go" Juliet walked around his body and started to scurry off down the corridor but his voice rang loudly in her ears.

"Nice job on Parkinson last night. I've been waiting for someone to shut her up for years. I'm impressed. You're not as bad as I once thought" Juliet came to a complete stop before she turned around. Her eyebrows were furrowed deeply and her mouth was slightly parted. Did he just compliment her?.

"Uh-thanks?" Juliet didn't quite know what to say.

"Do you really have to go? I figured if you're going to be messing around with Draco, we should at least get on" Theo smirked as he spoke and Juliet felt her heart skip a beat.

"W-what? Me and Draco aren't..."

"Save it. I'm not stupid. All those times he stuck up for you and watched you in the hall? He's infatuated" Theo crossed his arms over his chest after he pulled a cigarette from a packet and placed it behind his ear. "Do you smoke?".

"Uh-um...I've never tried it" Juliet shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you want to?" Theo held the packet out in front of him and Juliet looked at it skeptically before taking slow steps forward. Once she was close enough she took the packet from him and pulled one out.

"Sure, why not" The girl gave him a small smile.

"Great" Theo smiled back and spoke the word 'Mudblood'. Juliet really wished that they would change their password. "Come on".

Juliet followed the boy back into the unfamiliar common room, they walked over to the large window that was covered with the murky water of the black lake. Theo took a seat on the ground, leaning his back against the wall, stretching his legs out in front of him before he placed the cigarette between his lips.

Juliet watched as he covered his lighter with his hand, inhaling the smoke deeply before releasing it into the room. The lighter was then extended to her and she copied his actions. The smoke travelled into her lungs, burning her wind pipe as it went down. She felt the need to cough but kept it in, the last thing she needed was to embarrass herself any further today.

"What do you think?" Theo motioned to the cigarette.

"It's not as bad as I thought" Juliet was telling the truth. Her mother had always told her not to touch them, that they were the most disgusting thing that muggles had ever created but Juliet had to disagree.

"Sit down Walters, you're putting me on edge" Theo shook his head as he looked at her ridged posture. The girl let herself relax a bit as she sunk down to the floor, crossing her legs underneath her.

"So...you and Draco, are you just fucking or-..."

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼