Sage green

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

When Juliet arrived back in London, she was eager to see her mother. She wasted no time in finding a taxi to take her back to her home. It was a small house, built in a terrace, that looked no different from any other house on the street. The bricks were old and some of them were even crumbling away but the front garden was done perfectly, the grass was always cut and the flower pots were always full with beautiful in bloom plants. The front door was painted a beautiful a shade of sage green and it had always felt homely to Juliet.

As she approached the front door, she easily twisted the door knob and entered into the narrow hallway, she slipped her shoes off and left her trunk at the bottom of the stairs before walking into the living room. The fireplace was lit up with warm orange hues and a Christmas tree decorated in silver and white decorations sat in the corner of the room. Photo frames filled the mantle piece and Juliet smiled as she looked over the photos of her as a small child. The sound of pans clinking together could be heard throughout the house and Juliet knew exactly where her mother was.

Juliet walked back into the hallway right to the back of the house where the small cosy kitchen was placed. The stone floor was old, probably older than Dumbledore if Juliet had to guess and cramped into the room was a small circle dining table with three chairs around it. Juliet had never understood why but now she thought that maybe her mother held out hope for her father to join them for dinner one day.

She spotted her mother's dark blonde hair instantly, she looked to be doing the washing up and Juliet could feel her eyes pooling with tears.

"Mum" Juliet smiled widely as the woman spun around, her face held a look of shock and excitement as she looked over her daughter. Her rubber gloves were quickly discarded and before Juliet knew it, she was being held in a tight embrace.

"Oh my darling girl, you've gotten so big"

"I've missed you" Juliet hummed quietly into her mother's neck.

"I was worried that you...well that you might not want to come back here" her mother pulled away and stroked her hands over Juliet's brunette hair.

"Mum, I'll always come back home to you" Juliet smiled widely as her mother ushered her to sit down before she scrambled around the kitchen in an effort to make Juliet a cup of tea.

"I know you must have a lot of questions...and I'll answer them but I don't think tonight is the night" her mother gave her a warm smile as she handed a mug to Juliet.

"I know, we've got time to talk" Juliet took a sip from the mug and the warm liquid heated her whole body "I wanted to ask though, is it okay for Theo to come round, for Christmas?" Juliet knew her mother would say yes, she loved guests.

"Oh of course!" Her mother beamed brightly at Juliet's request.

"Thank you, I'll write to let him know later" Juliet finished her drink quickly and then made a direct line to sink, washing the mug up and placing it on the draining board. "I'll go and get settled in and write the letters that I need to" Juliet wiped her damp hands on the front of her clothes, which earned her a frown from her mother.

"Juliet Walters, what have I told you about that!" Her mother scolded her but Juliet couldn't help but smile.

"I'm sorry, I forgot" Juliet chuckled as she left the room and started to make her way up the staircase. She was dragging her trunk by its handles and it bashed harshly against every step.