Let's kill Dumbledore

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1996

Summer was nearly upon them, the air was warm and the nights took longer to close in but Draco and Theo were nothing short of miserable. They'd prolonged the inevitable for as long as they could, in hopes that Juliet could pull through but the time had come.

The dark lord had called a meeting for the coming Friday evening and both boys were unable to sleep, in fear of him and what they had to do for him. They stayed up most nights, just talking about Juliet. She was the only thing that kept them somewhat calm and they never thought they'd say it but they were glad she was in nineteen forty three.

"Draco" Theo dug his elbow into his side.

"Hmm?" Draco turned to look at him quickly.

"Pay attention, before Mcgonagall gives us detention" Theo muttered under his breath.

"Detention sounds like heaven" Draco hummed, he let his eyes roam around the classroom, and they instantly fell on the empty seat and the front of the room next to Eleanor white. Juliet's seat. He gulped and looked away, only to meet Harry Potter's intense glare. The raven haired boy quite often stared at Draco, as if staring at him would reveal all of his secrets. Draco sent him a sneer before he looked back down to this parchment.

"Ignore him" Theo muttered.

"I'm trying" Draco growled. He wanted nothing more than to avada him on the spot but if Juliet came back and found out that he'd killed two people, she wouldn't be too happy.

"That's all for today. Remember your homework is due in next week. Class dismissed" Mcgonagall waved her hand, signalling that they could leave. Draco and Theo were quick to exit the classroom. Both of them going to the same place without even speaking it. It had become second nature now.

The room of requirement, was no longer a safe space but it was a reminder of the fact that they had to kill their headmaster.

"I can't believe we have to do this" Theo rand his hands through his curls.

"I know..." Draco gulped. He wasn't a killer.

"We could run" Theo spoke.

"We could...but he'd find us and kill us on sight" Draco sighed.

"And...Juliet would wake up alone" Theo added.

"Exactly. I already abandoned her once" Draco felt guilt consume him, once more.

"Stop that. You know, she's probably already forgiven you" Theo patted Draco's shoulder.

"I know, she's too forgiving. Which is what worries me" Theo knew what Draco meant, he had the same concerns.

"Let's test this damn cabinet" Theo huffed, walking over and placing an apple inside from his pocket.

Draco stood next to Theo as he closed the door with a click. Both boys waited in anticipation, Theo's foot was tapping the ground relentlessly.

A small gust of wind surrounded them and they both looked to eachother before Draco leant forward and opened the door. Inside was sure enough, Theo's apple but as he picked it up and turned it over, there was a bite taken out of it.

"It works" Theo gulped and slowly nodded his head.

"Then it's time" Draco let out a shakey breath.

"Let's kill dumbledore" Theo's attempt to be funny caused Draco to roll his eyes.

"That's not funny" Draco nudged Theo with his shoulder.

"Nope but i cope with my issues with humour" Theo gave Draco a tight lipped smile.

"Let's go" Draco turned and walked away, Theo following closely behind him.

Everything was about to change. The wizarding world as they knew it was about to crumble and the dark lord was going to take over. Draco prayed to Merlin that Juliet could change the future from the past, he begged for her to return and for everything to be as it once was. For he knew they would never survive in a world where the dark lord ruled all.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼