Holding back

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼

1996

Draco felt empty, his words stayed with him, every second of every day. Juliet was the only thing that consumed his mind and he wished he could take it all back and tell her that he'd help her.

He'd been avoiding her, skipping classes and spending all day in the room of requirement but the urge to find her was growing stronger and stronger. So, as he looked over himself in the mirror of his dorm, he decided that's what he would do.

His feet moved quickly as he left the Slytherin commons, he'd expect Juliet to be at breakfast now, something that Draco had been missing all week. His heart was beating harshly in his chest, it had been since he walked away from her.

As he entered the great hall, his eyes immediately went to the Ravenclaw table, but all Draco saw was Eleanor white. Juliet wasn't next to her or opposite her, maybe she was with Theo?. Draco looked to the Slytherin table but there, alone, was Theodore Nott. He was pushing his food around his plate, which Draco found odd. He always had an appetite, no matter what. Draco walked over with furrowed eyebrows and slid into the space next to Theo but the boys green eyes didn't leave his plate, he didn't even acknowledge Draco's existence.

"Okay, I get it, you're pissed at me. Where's Juliet?" Draco stared at Theo but the boy still didn't budge.

"Theo...theo!" Draco shoved him by his shoulder and Theo snapped, he jumped up and grabbed his friend by the collar of his robes, before slamming his back against the stone wall. Draco felt all of the air get knocked out of him and he wheezed slightly as he bought his hand up to his chest. Theo's chest was moving up and down at a rapid speed, his nostrils were flared and his jaw tensed as he stared into Draco's eyes.

"She's gone" Theo hissed "you walked away and now, she's in 1943. So yes I'm pissed at you, because you left her" Theo let draco's body fall limp as he removed his grip on him.

"W-what?" Draco coughed slightly as he spoke.

"She told you. She gave you the option. Either she did it with you, or she'd do it alone" Theo looked Draco up and down one more time before he stormed out of the hall, leaving Draco to wallow in his own guilt.

Draco didn't bother straightening out his robes as he left the great hall, instead he dragged his feet along, walking towards the only place he could be alone. The room of requirement.

It was bittersweet, his task started off with him, Theo and Juliet, working together to try and stop him from being killed but now, he was here alone. Whilst his friend hated him and whilst his well, ex girlfriend was in nineteen forty three, trying to convince Tom riddle that destroying the wizarding world was a bad idea.

What started as a mere infatuation with a mysterious girl, had turned into a need for her presence. A need for her touch and her reassurance. Draco had never realised how lost he was before he had Juliet, how he was endlessly walking the earth, destined to do terrible things. She had shown him the light and she was the reason that he didn't want to submit to the dark lord, she was the reason he was going to fight.

He had told her that he wouldn't help her, that he wouldn't watch her sleep but now, he was going to do everything he could to make sure her plan worked. So, he decided to no longer fix the cabinet, he would lie to the dark Lord and take all the punishments that were thrown at him. He had faith in Juliet Nott.

So as he led down on the old battered sofa that faced the cabinet, the one that he'd sat on many times with Juliet, he closed his eyes. He let his mind relax, for the first time in a long time. When Juliet returned to him, he would beg on his knees for her forgiveness and he would spend every waking hour, worshiping her.

They would get the life that they deserved, free from the control of the dark lord, free from the disapproval of Draco's father. Draco vowed to Juliet, wherever she was right now, that he'd make her life, one of endless joy.

☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼