Six

A couple days go by, Husk came down the stairs went behind the bar grabbed himself a bottle and went to the lobby. It was only eleven and the bar didn't open til twelve.

He laid on the couch just about to open his booze when Angel came out from the kitchen with a muffin. He went to take a seat on the couch, where he was laying before he decided he needed breakfast.

"Ya in my spot Whiskers." Angeldust stated he hasn't used in three days, so he knew the withdrawals were coming eventually.

His just made annoyed cat sounds. It was too early, he hadn't even opened his booze yet.

Angeldust crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. "Ya know if ya stay there I'm just gonna lay on you."

The cat demon grumbled under his breath as he sat up.

"Nobody respect 'move your feet, loose your seat' anymore? Fuckin ain't even have my booze yet."

Angeldust licked his teeth kind of annoyed. "You're still in my spot, Husky."

Husk stood up and walked away. "Fuckin damnit!" He yelled.

Angeldust flinched at his tone even though Husk wasn't even facing him. Now he felt bad, he just wanted his seat. 

Husk went behind the bar, finally opening his booze and chugging it now. He didn't mean to snap but, he never was a morning person. He replaced his morning coffee with booze in the afterlife. Heaven help anyone who interacted with him sober.

Angel finished eating his breakfast on the couch and walked over to the bar that wasn't open yet. "I'm sorry Hu-"

Husk shook his head and held out a hand in a 'wait' gesture.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at ya. I'm just not a morning person. It's even worse if I'm sober in the mornings." Apologies the off the clock Bar tender.

Angeldust was taken aback he wasn't use to other people taking responsibility for their actions. He was used to everything being his problem to deal with. Even when it wasn't.

It was nearly eleven forty five when Husk open the glass cabinet holding the various bottles of alcohol.

"You ain't mad?" Angeldust asked.

Husk just shook his head. "Not at you anyway. Just grumpy I had to get up."

Angeldust nodded, Husk poured him a drink. The spider thanked him just as Charlie and Vaggy came downstairs, to start serving lunch.

Angeldust finished drinking. "I'll see ya later Husky."

"Make good choices." Charlie yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah yeah, you ain't my mom." Angeldust rolled his eyes as he walked out of the hotel, going to work.

Cherri came downstairs for a drink, realized there was food being prepared so she went into the kitchen with her drink.

Nobody really noticed but, the days left on the clock had changed.

Alastor came down the stairs and stood before Husk.

"Got another 'loose end' for you to deal with.  Make sure you cut around the tattoos this time. Ink is horrendous tasting. Oh make sure ya tell Niffty extra crispy, last time the skin was a bit chewy for my tastes." Alastor stated.

His grimmaced before he was portaled away. Nobody really knew what Husk did for Alastor but they didn't need to.  He was back before Angeldust was back from work he changed his tie noticing he got some blood on it.

Angeldust had a horrible day at work. He wasn't hurt or anything like that but the moth still had other ways of making Angel's time at work a living hell. The minute he was called into Val's office he knew what was coming and he dreaded it. He felt disgusting, after every time Valentino used him. Today was no different. He was longing for the time when Valentino was just a fling, when he didn't have to give in to every sadistic pleasure the predador had.

He kept telling himself he wanted to go home but, he didn't have one not anymore. Even in life his home might as well have a jail cell. He was never able to be himself. The only time he feels remotely close to being while is at the hotel but, even then he didn't know if that version of him was really him, or just another face he made to please everyone.

Pleasing people was all he knew how to do. Being his father's golden boy, taking orders and exceeding every expectation. But that all flew out the window the day his father found out he was gay.

Angeldust hit up a drug dispenser on his way back to the hotel. His makeup was running and mentally he was in a really dark place. His body was shaking.

Regardless he walked in and sat at the bar.

"I don't care what it is, just make it strong." He pleaded with the bartending cat demon.

Husk's just nodded and filled the glass. He knew Angeldust was gonna get drink and rant about how much he hates his boss. He always did and he didn't care, he's stuck being a listening ear, it's what bartenders do but, he kinda liked that Angel trusted him enough to vent even when he wasn't drunk. He wouldn't admit that though. He filled a stout glass with whiskey. Angel downed it like a shot.

Husk poured another. Angeldust did the same thing again.

"Ya know? He wasn't always so fuckin shitty." Angeldust stated. "This shit didn't start til he had my soul."

Husk noticed he had a hard time holding his drink without spilling it. Immediately realizing Angeldust was downing them so he wouldn't notice the shakes.

"You alright there, Angel?" He asked.

"Y-yes. J-just n-need a H-h-"

"You're withdrawalling?" Husk cut him off.

Angel nodded. "I'll be fine, I got-"

Husk sighed rubbing his face with his hand. "That ain't gonna help and you know it. Go lay on the fuckin couch and I'll get ya something to eat." He rolled his eyes at Angeldust for bringing drugs to the hotel.

"I don't fucking want to." Angel stated coldly.

Husk was taken aback, normally Angeldust's protests weren't said flat out, like that. They were insults or 'fuck offs', but never straight to the point like that.

"I am sick of everyone telling me what to fuckin do!" He yelled He placed the glass on the counter and stormed up the stairs.

Husk just shrugged his shoulders, and took a sip of his booze.