Twenty Nine

Husk parked his car in the parking lot and they exited Husk's car. They walked into the hotel hand in hand. Everyone was sitting around the table.

"You're back! Just in time for game night!" Charlie cheered.

Husk grimmaced.

"Damnit!"

Angedust went into the kitchen and opened the freezer, he grabbed a Popsicle from the box and put it back. He went back into the lobby after he threw out the wrapper.  Angel sat down on the couch next to Cherribomb.

He gazed lovingly, over at Husk with a genuine smile on his face. Cherri noticed, it wasn't usual for Angel to swoon like that.  She was happy he was happy but she had to joke about it.

"Husk, you broke my friend." Cherribomb stated.

He was on a chair shaking his head. He chose to ignore her. He looked over at Charlie who was shuffling uno cards. Answering his questions before he even asked.

"Wait wait, is stacking allowed?!" Leith asked.

"Huh?" Charlie asked.

"Like if I put a plus two and some else has one they can put it down making it a plus four on someone else?"

"That sounds a lot more fun!" Charlie agreed.

Charlie passed out the cards in clockwise order so Leith went first, but the card that was flipped from the deck was a skip so it went to Vaggy, then Angel, who made Cherri pick up four on the first turn.

"You cunt!" She groaned as she picked up four cards.

He held his popsicle away from his face as he snickered, before placing it back in his mouth.

It was Claire's turn she put her frozen hair in a loose pony tail as to not get water from her hair all over the cards, then  it was Husk's turn and he gave Alastor a plus four.

"I SUGGEST YOU PICK A DIFFERENT CARD!" he said in that menacing tone.

Charlie facepalmed. "Can ya play fair Al or you're  not  gonna participate  in game night anymore."

Al just portaled away.

"Can I place a plus four on a plus four then?" Charlie wondered not sure if that's how it worked. It wasn't her turn she was just curious.

Everyone nodded.

Niffty picked up her cards and Charlie took her turn.

Leith got skipped again.

Husk was down to three cards after two turns and everyone thought he was cheating.

"You said stacking was allowed! I had three different colored 5s! Callin mean a cheater just cause ya ain't know how to play? Fuck you!"

Angeldust licked his teeth before smirking.

"Hey Glitta, please tell me ya can play off dis I ain't losing yet!" Angeldust asked putting down a plus four.

"I can and I fuckin will, Dust! Fuckin green." Cherribomb stated putting  down another plus four.

Claire also added a plus four  and changed it to red.

Husk laughed.

"Ain't that easy fuckers. Also yellow!" He put down another plus four.

Poor nifty had to pick up sixteen cards.

Angel groaned throwing his hands in the air.

Charlie threw a plus two, Leith threw a plus two, Vaggy threw a plus two, Angel threw a plus two, and Cherri threw a plus two, Claire threw a plus two.

Husk didn't have any more cards that could save himself this time.  He went from two cards to fourteen cards in an instant. He wiped his mouth in frustration.

Niffty put down 5 cards all the same number but different colors to try and knock out some of her cards, she didn't want to be last.

This went on for about two more hands.

"Uno fuckas!" Angedust yelled.

Husk grumbled. Cherri took her turn and also said Uno. Claire took her turn. Husk took his, Niffty to hers and it was back to Charlie again.

"Charlie I swear to ya grandfather, if you fucking skip me again!" Leith groaned.

She just chuckled and put down a reverse card.

"I thought she was supposed to be the nice one!" Leith groaned.

"Fuck noooo!" Angel whined. "Now dis bitch gon win!" He said pointing to Cherri with two of his thumbs. 

Cherribomb just chuckled.

Niffty took her turn, then Husk. Claire put a plus four and changed the color to Blue.

"DAMNIT!" Yelled Cherribomb, as she grabbed cards.

Angel put down his last card. And the game was over. Everyone put their cards in a neat pile and Vaggy put the cards back in the box.

Everyone dispersed.

"Hey Husky?" Angeldust asked.

"Hmn?" Husk's asked.

He walked over to the bar grabbing a bottle of booze. He walked back in front of it, he wasn't sure if he should lock up cause all was supposed to be tending it tonight but he was sure after his tantrum he wasn't going to. He decided to just so Al couldn't bitch about it in the morning.

"Ya mind if I go hang out with Cherri?" The spider wondered.

Husk shook his head as he opened the bottle and took a swig. "Why would I care? You know where my room is if ya want to 'chill' later." Hs made finger quotes as he said the word 'chill'. It wasn't a slang he normally used but Angeldust has said it a few times.

Angeldust giggled and wrapped his lower set of  arms around Husk's neck, tangling his fingers in his fur.

"I love ya."

Husk sat his drink on the counter of the bar, he hugged Angel's waist.

"I love you too Ang."

Cherri made her way to the elevator but waited for Angel before she pressed the button.

The two separated and Angel walked over to the elevator. Cherri pressed the button and the two went into it when the door opened. Cherribomb pressed the button to the third floor and looked up at her friend.

"You seem happy." She mentioned.

Angel blushed, but nodded.

"He's so different. I can't put my finga on why."

Cherri chuckled.

"I know why." She stated.

The spider's face contorted. How the fuck could she possibly know?  The kept thinking, but the more he thought more confused he got.

"Ya finally took my god damn advice."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Not followin'?" He stated.

"You actually fucking like him yeah?" She asked.

He nodded.

"Remember wot  I said to ya before ya signed ya soul to the giant piss head with wings?"

His eyebrows furrowed as he thought about it.

"'Stop thinkin' with ma dick'?" He quoted her in the tone of a question.

She chuckled and nodded. She snapped her fingers as she spoke.

"Bingo bitch." Was all Cherri said.

The elevator doors opened again and the two walked out.

"Let someone actually fucking love you Tony. Y'know he would want ya to be happy."  Cherribomb stated patting his back before she walked ahead to her room.

Angel's eyes widened. She didn't just go dere? He thought knowing full well she did.

His mouth was agape from the shock of her words as he followed her to her room.