Thirty Three

Angeldust went to work like he was supposed to the next day. Val was mad, but at least Angel knew how to make him happy. As much as he'd rather be smacked around, he rather not let Husk see him all beat up, after everytime he chooses to skip work.

It was roughly 2pm

Charlie and Vaggy were in Heaven for their meeting.  It was them, Sera,  Emily and the entire Council.

"So glad you could join us!" Emily greeted as the two sat down at the giant table in the embassy.

"Firstly w- I would like to apologize for the eradication of your people." Sera stated  once the two sat down.

"As long as it doesn't happen again I can assure you it's water under the bridge." Charlie stated.

The head of the council stood from his chair turning everyone's attention to him.

"Now it's time to discuss, what we shall do with Vaggy.  Just so you know, Lute and the other exorcists have been exiled. She expected us to send her down to hell, like We'd allow that after everything she has done. Considering this we wanted to ask what you'd want. Especially because Lute and Adam never notified us of your fall."

"I'd like to come back to heaven but, I don't want to leave Charlie." Vaggy stated. 

There was some chatter.

Emily was the next to speak.

"What if you became an ambassador? You'd reside here but could go to the hotel as you pleased." She inquired.

Vaggy thought about it.

"I'd like that." She admitted.

"Great!" Said the head of the council. "We'll give you some time to say goodbye and gather anything you'd prefer not to leave and someone will come by to escort you to Heaven in a few weeks?"

"Weeks?!" Charlie asked shocked.

Vaggy turned to Charlie and held her shoulders.

"They said I could visit. You know, I'll be back."

Charlie nodded.

They went back down to hell and shared the news with everyone at the hotel. This also meant her father would be spending more time at the hotel since, Charlie needs the help.  Charlie had meant to ask about Angel's progress but the news was so shocking she completely forgot she's hoping her father can get her another meeting.

"Congratulations." His said tipping his bottle towards the redeemed mini moth, before he took a swig.

Vaggy explained that she would be checking in from time to time but, she was going to miss everyone.

A few hours went by it was nearly eight o'clock so Angeldust should've been back. He usually finished filming at 5.  He gets back to the hotel by 6.

Husk doesn't say a word because he doesn't know how to bring it up.

Cherribomb and Leith came down the stairs at eight thirty.

"He still ain't back?" She asked.

Husk shook his head taking a swig from his bottle.

"Mind if we sit here?" Leith asked.

Husk shook his head.

"Can I get chas anything?" He asked.

"Martini dry." Cherri asked.

"I'm good. I know ya supposed to close up. I'm just here case Al gets pissy."

Husk nodded and poured Cherri's drink.

He was suspicious of  Leith but kept it to himself.

Husk and the other two demons chatted loosely about different topics for another two hours but, eventually they all seemed to loop back around to Angeldust. Who STILL, Wasn't. Back. Yet.

Alastor appeared in front of the bar.

"It is eleven forty five. Why is the bar still open?"  He asked with out his filter.

Leith turned around. "Al, I'm having a drink with a pretty lady. Would you be so kind to skiddadle?"

Alastor looked at each of them, questioningly.

"Very well." He said with his filter before tapping his cane on the floor and disappearing.

Another hour goes by.

Another thirty minutes go by.

Suddenly, Angeldust came through the hotel doors, looking like he just ran a marathon. He bent over as he tried to catch his breath.

"You good Angeldu-"

Cherri put his hand on Leith's chest as if to tell him to stop talking. She hopped off the barstool and sat ran over to her friend. She she held his face between her hands.

"Angie what the fuck did you take?" Cherribomb asked.

Angeldust shook his head, still trying to breathe.

Husk's eyes widened and rushed over to the spider.
"He's high?!"

Cherribomb nodded.  Husk carefully lifted Angel over his shoulder and walked slowly over to the couch. He placed him in an upright position to help regulate his breathing.  Cherribomb ran into the kitchen to grab him a glass of water.Leith ran up the stairs to get Charlie. He knocked on the door frantically.

Cherribomb and Husk sat on either side of Angel. Both of them rubbing his back soothingly. His breathing became normal again and Cherribomb handed him the cup of water. He took a few slow slips, she put it back on a coaster on the coffee table.

Charlie, Vaggy and Leith came sprinting down the stairs.

Charlie put a hand on his shoulder. Her eyes were big and puffy but she wasn't sad. She was terrified.

"I-I I'm fine." Angel said taking a breath. "And I ain't High." He stated waving his hand. He picked up his cup from the coffee table and took a couple of slow breaths.

"You promise?" Cherri asked.

She had every reason to suspect that he was. He takes really hard drugs. Mainly amphetamines. Like cocaine and PCP, and so on. Those things speed up how fast the heart beats so him being so outta breath and made her assume the worst.

Angel nodded.

"What happened?" Charlie asked.

Angel looked around at everyone in the room, before answering. "You try a fuckin fourteen hour shift without a goddamn break. Then have to walk home."  He stated.

"Are you okay?" Husk inquired.

Angeldust nodded again. It was a lie but he didn't want to discuss anything in front of so many people. "Just really fuckin tired."

Charlie and vaggie left after it was determined Angel hadn't relapsed. Still very thankful they all did something.

"We can go up to my roo-"

Angeldust shook his head.
"I appreciate it Husky but, I'd rather be alone."

Husk's ears drooped. He went to place his hand on Angel's shoulder but, Angel waved it off and walked over to the elevator.  Husk wasn't upset, he was just worried.

He started closing up the bar as Angel left the lobby.