Thirty Four

Angeldust got to his room and shut the door, or so he thought. It was open just a crack.

He opened the drawer he keeps his drugs in and took out a bag of coke.  He hated himself for just letting Val do whatever today but, he hated himself all the time so what was the difference?

He took out the tin tray and cut a line onto it. He didn't seem to notice but Fat Nuggets realized the door was open and he disappeared.

Angeldust rummaged through his pocket for a bill. He rolled it up put it to his nose and inhaled the powder.

Fat Nuggets wandered to Husk's room and sat outside the door.

Husk had locked up the booze cabinet and polished the glasses already. He began wiping the counter and he walked out from behind it, taking a swig from a fresh bottle.

He walked up the stairs and towards his room. Upon the cat's presence Fat Nuggets immediately snorted and squealed in distress.

"Nuggets? The fuck you doing out of Angel's room?" He asked not expecting an answer. He shook his head and picked up the pig.

He walked back down the hallway, passing the stairwell as he walked towards Angel's room.

Husk went to knock but Fat Nuggets jump out of his arm pushing against the door as he ran into the room. Husk's eyes when wide.

"What the fuck?!" Husk didn't mean to yell but he was horrified at the sight.

Angel's eyes widened, his head was tilted towards the nightstand as he was about to do another line. He froze.

"Shit!"

Husk crossed his arms.
"Shit's fuckin right, Angeldust."

Angeldust turned to face him.

"Since when don't YOU knock?" Angel asked in an angry tone.

Husk raised an eyebrow.

"Oh this is my fault?!" Asked the cat demon crossing his arms.

"I said I wanted to be left a-"

Husk rolled his eyes and cut him off.

"And I wanted to go to bed cause it's two the fuckin morning. But ya God damn pig was outside my door. I came to return him before, you fuckin went ballistic looking for him. Fat Nuggets got antsy and jumped out my arms. You wanna be pissed I didn't knock? Be pissed at ya pig for ratting you out." Husk stated he wasn't yelling anymore but his voice was serious.

Angel's expression changed to an unsure look as if he was angry and upset at the same time.

Husk rubbed his mouth before he spoke again.

"For fuck's sake. How many times I ask ya ta be fuckin honest with me? I don't fuckin like secrets. I even reiterate that ya ain't gotta tell me what's going on. That a simple 'no' when I ask if you're alright would do. You still fucking keep shit from me."

Angeldust crossed his arms.

"Ya? And I'm a grown ass man ya don't need to baby me."

"So I just aint allowed to worry about you?" Husk goaned. He stepped into the room and shut the door he didn't mean to close loudly at all. Especially not as loud as it had.

Angeldust immediately began shaking.

Husk raised an eyebrow.

"Ang?" He called like a question before taking another step towards the bed Angel was sitting on.

"Just leave me alone." He rolled his eyes.

Husk shook his head.

"I ain't walking outta this room when I just fuckin cought you snorting whatever the fuck that is, cocaine?"

Angeldust wasn't in the headspace for this.  The high was setting. He sat silently avoiding looking even in Husk's general vicinity.

Husk took a seat on the foot of the bed. Angeldust was near his nightstand so he was sat towards the head of his bed.

"Ya think I can say I ain't fine in front of Cherribomb or fuckin Charlie without either of them pokin' and pryin'?" Angeldust asked. He was still yelling

"And I offered ya a space where you could be honest without being asked questions. And ya fuckin turned it down to get high."  Husk stated sternly.

"You wanna be mad at me? Walk a fuckin day in my shoes asshole, and try being fuckin sober."

"You don't listen to a fuckin word I say at all. I ain't mad that you're high! I'm mad that you're still fuckin lying to me! We've been together a fuckin month and a day and now, I have to wonder if you've actually been as sober as you claim." Husk groaned. 

"Get the fuck outta my room!" Angel yelled.

"NO!"

Husk stood up and walked over to where Angeldust was sitting.  He reached for Angel's hand but he retracted it, and slapped him. Angel's eyes widened. He covered his mouth in shock.

"I am so-

The cat demon was dumbfounded, his eyes were wide and his mouth fell open. He licked his lips annoyed.

"Forget it. Do whatever ya fuckin want. Goodnight." Husk stood from Angels bed and left the room letting the door slam behind him.

He never thought Angel would hit him. He decided it was most likely the drugs. So he chose not to dwell on it. He was still pissed at the situation.

"DAMNIT!" yelled Angeldust pushing everything off his nightstand in anger.

Fat Nuggets squealed and ran to his bed as everything flew from the nightstand. Angeldust didn't see him. His face fell as he walked towards the pig who now laid on his bed. He picked up the pig and walked back to his bed.

"I'm sorry, I scared ya buddy." Angel stated before kissing the pig on the top of its head.

"I really fucked up huh?" He asked the pig not expecting an answer. He petted him.