Fifty Seven

A couple days had passed. Anthony was seemingly not himself. He wasn't acting differently but, he seemingly stopped talking to Husk at the bar. He was seemed just fine when they were alone, and when he was chatting with everyone else. Husk worried the spider was mad at him though, he didn't know what he could have done, to upset him.

Husk's watch stopped signalling his break and he sat next to Angel on the couch.  Angel smiled but, it seemed different.

Husk's eyebrows furrowed as he basically profiled the spider.

"Hey, are we okay?" He asked.

Anthony nodded, with a raised eyebrow in confusion.

"Why wouldn't we be?" He asked.

Husk rubbed his neck and shrugged.

"You've not stopped at the bar in a few days." He stated.

Angel sighed, and turned to the cat demon, he placed a hand on Husk's shoulder, and tilted his head.

"I'm fine Husky." He said, he smiled
but, it seemed forced.

Husk watched as he glanced over to Cherri who quickly got him out of the situation. Now Husk was certain something was wrong.

The two friends went up to Angel's room. They chatted for about twenty minutes. When Cherribomb came back downstairs Husk was behind the bar again. She took a seat at the bar.

"What'll it be?" The bartender asked in a gruff tone.

Cherri's eyebrow furrowed, she looked Husk up and down.

"Who pissed in ya Cheerios mate?" She asked.

Husk rolled his eyes.

"Cut the Shit." Was all he said. "I don't know what's going on, I don't get why he's lying to me. But I know you know whatever I don't."

Cherri sighed. He was right.

"I can't te-"

He took a swig of his booze.

"I don't want ya to tell me anything. I want, an honest answer when I ask if he's alright."

She shook her head. That's what Husk was afraid of.

The cat demon sighed and took another swig of his booze.

"His boss got in his head, he just needs a bit."  It wasn't a total lie, and Husk bought it so, it didn't matter anyway.

Husk poured her a drink, and downed his own.

The truth was Angel's relapse lasted longer than Husk expected. Cherribomb cought him getting high earlier this week.

"The fuck ar'ya doin' Angie?!"  She yelled after walking into Angel's room.

Her intentions were to hang out with her friend, his door was open, which was surprising considering what caused her reaction.

The spiders eyes went wide not just because he was caught but he just did like three lines of coke.

Cherribomb went to leave but Angel zipped around the room and blocked the door, with four hands and rested his middle set of hands on her shoulders

"Don't you dare, rat me out!"  He begged.

"Tony, what the fuck is going on, with ya?" She asked.

The spider grumbled as he thought. He crossed his top arms and put away this lowest set of arms.

"Nuh-nuthin'!" He said razzled. "Works just been so shit." He sighed sliding his back down the door, letting the tears fall.

"Hey," Cherribomb took a seat on the floor in front of her friend, she crossed her legs. "You ain't gotta go through it alone Angie." She wrapped her arms around the spider.

"How long ya been using?" She wondered.

"Since, Wednesday." Angeldust stated, he couldn't look at her. He hated himself for it.

She nodded.

He immediately felt the need to correct himself.

"I-i didn't use on my day off. Only after work."

She nodded again.

"It's okay. Just be careful." 

She wouldn't say a word to anyone unless she thought he was in trouble but, she might be addicted to the adrenaline rush, but she understands that it helps him cope and she wasn't gonna fault him for that.

The only issue now, and Angel was in deep shit and he made her promise not to say anything, and she won't break a promise. Not with him at least.

Except it had been nearly a moth and Angel was spiralling. He wasn't close to being on as many drugs as he was on when he got here but he went from the ecstasy, to crack and know he had five or six different drugs in his system and he had a test coming up.

Cherri sighed. Caring more about Angel than her friendship with him.

"He relapsed." She mumbled almost inaudibly.

Husk's eyes went wide. He slammed his booze on the table by accident. He was so surprised.

"Again?!"  He asked..

She raised her eyebrow.

"What do you mean again? He's been like this since Wednesday apparently."

Husk's face contorted.

"WHAT?! AND YOU LEFT HIM ALONE IN HIS FUCKIN ROOM?!"

Husk leaped across the bar and flew up to the second floor quickly knocking on the spider's door. Cherri ran up the stairs behind him.

"Husk! Don't you fuckin-"

the door opened cutting Cherri off she made an annoyed face knowing Angel was going to be pissed at her.

Husk immediately wrapped his arms around the spider along with his wings.

Angel looked down at him confused, but he wrapped an arm around him too.

"The fuck is thi-"

Husk looked up at him there were tears in his eyes but he blinked them away.

"Why. Didn't you tell me you've been struggling?" He asked.

Angel was taken back. He looked away from Husk and at Cherribomb who was by the top of the stairs.

"You fuckin snitch!" He yelled pushing husk and slamming the door.

Cherri ran out in front of it and stopped it before it slammed, entering the room weither Angel liked it or not.

"Angie come on now, you know that ain't fair." She argued calmly.

Husk watched from the door way. Not wanting to over step but he did, the minute Angel stood up like he was gonna punch her.

"Hey!" He yelled stopping Angel who sat in his bed pulling his knees to his chest as he cried.

"Angie I kept ya secret for nearly a month and you're fuckin spiralling fuck was I supposed to do let ya overdose?! If I wake up one day and I find out your ass left me I'd get my ass to heaven And send us both back fuckin down here!" She yelled.

Husk and Cherri both sat on his bed rubbing the spider's back. Supportively now.

"What the hell is going on?" Husk wondered.

First and only time he's ever actually asked, desperate to know the answer for once.