Thirty Nine

The next day Husk was given the day off from the bar because Alastor needed him for something.

Alastor was behind the bar so Angel just went up to Cherri's room who still had half a liquor store worth of alcohol hidden in her closet.

He knocked on her door. She quickly opened it and he walked in.

"You got anymore liquor? Fuckin Al's behind the bar and his jokes ain't funny." Angel asks.

Cherri walked to her closest and turned around with a bottle in each hand, handing one to Angel.

The two sat on her bed.  And opened their drinks. 

"You doing good Angie?" She wondered.

He nodded.

"Yeah. Dreading going back to work doe." He admitted.

Cherri's shook her head. "Dont worry about that until you do." She rationalized

"Ya clean?" She wondered.

He nodded.

"Tryna keep it that way too." He sighed.

She wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"Good. I'm glad you ain't giving up."

"You guys y of these bitches would let me?" He asked. "I never fuckin wanted this."

Cherribomb wore a confused expression.

"The why the fuck did you leave?!"

Angeldust groaned. She didn't know the whole story. The note he left said he was at the hotel but he stayed at the studio for a bit so she wouldn't be in danger. Eventually shit got too bad so he disappeared from there too.

"Cause he came to our apartment and hurt you! I wasn't letting happen again bitch!"

"What the actual fuck?! No wonder why you're struggling so much! Cause your heart ain't in it."

"Like you've been clean." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms turning his head away from her.

"Uh, I have been. I'll admit I fucked up one time but, I've been clean." She admitted.

Angeldust turned to face her Again.

"You're shitting me?!" He asked.

She chuckled and shook her head.

Angel sighed.

"It ain't like I'm not trying to get clean, it's not like the drugs are fun for me. I have to be high! I hate who I am sober."

"Tony? Don't fuckin say that." She instructed.

"That's not what I meant. In fuckin general! You were right. I deserve what I go-"

She slapped him across the mouth gently.

"Don't you fuckin dare. Sure you fucked up but, you don't fuckin deserve to hate yourself, you don't deserve to be his person fuckin punching bag either! Don't ever say that bullshit again."

"Cherribomb! I'm in hell for a fuckin reason! Maybe this is just destiny!"

"Then why the fuck are you here trying to change it?!" She yelled. Not realizing the weight of her words.

He just chuckled.

"You really think they'd let me just leave like that?!" He crossed his arms.

"Yes! That's the whole fuckin point, idiot!" She yelled waving her hands. "Nobody is forcing you here but, yourself. Figure out why!"