Forty Five

The next day Charlie had prepared breakfast for everyone and had some very important topics to discuss with a certain guest.

She greeted everyone with a good morning handing everyone a platevof food as they came in.

Angeldust and Husk missed breakfast because they both refused to stop cuddling. It was Friday so they both didn't have work.

"You up for that date later?" Husk wondered.

The spider nodded excited.

"Absolutely!" He quickly kissed Husk's lips.

They laid, cuddled up in Husk's bed for another two hours. It was twelve thirty when Charlie knocked after the door after Angel didn't answer when she knocked on his door.

Husk got off the spider, and got off his bed. Angel sat up.

"Oh hey princess." Husk greeted.

"Hey Husk, have you seen An-"

"Righ' here Doll face."  Angeldust cut her off with a chuckle and a wave of one of his many hands.

"Oh good! There was something I need to discuss with you but, it can wait if you'd prefer." Charlie stated.

Husk moved out of the way letting her into the room.

"What's it bout?" Angeldust asked.

Charlie took a deep breath as she thought about her words carefully.

"You know how my parents have been teaching me how to use my powers?" She asked Angeldust nodded.
There was a short moment of silence before she continued.

"Apparently, royalty can break soul binding contracts. I was wondering if that's something you were interested in, I can't do anything right now, I haven't gotten much better wi-"

Angel cut her off with a hug not wanting her to keep rambling.

"I appreciate the thought Charlie. If you do figure it out, could ya get back to me. I'll definitely think about it." Angeldust assured.

She nodded. "Of course! I got two more questions. Is what I gave you helping at all?" She inquired.

Angel nodded with a half smile and he waved his hand in a "so-so" gesture.

"It's defs helpin', this is the longest I've been clean, but-" he cut himself off with a sigh. He glanced over to Husk who was at his desks with his glasses on as he filled out a word search.

Angeldust sniffed and dabbed his tears away with a finger. The thought about his words carefully.

"Um, it's not really helping-" he scratched the back of his neck before continuing. "With work." He rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke.

She nodded.

"Last thing." She assured. "I just got your results. I don't know why they took so long his time." She said handing himself the envelope. "I'm going to leave you two alone, now. If you need anything, I'm at the hotel all day today. Oh and my dad's here If you need more of ah, the uhhh-" She rubbed her neck and felt awkward talking about drugs. "cannabis."

Angel's chuckled. He did seem happy about that. "Thanks Cha-ly." His said.

She left the room and returned to whatever she had planned for the day. Lucifer decided to bake a cake with Charlie as a bonding experience, he could just snap his fingers but what's sentimental about that?

Husk didn't even notice Charlie left the room. Until he heard the door shut moments later.  Angel walked so silently when he didn't have his boots on. The door shutting abruptly caught his attention. He looked over at the door, where Angeldust stood.

"Charlie left?" He asked.

Angel nodded as he walked back to the bed. Husk stood up and saton the bed next to Angel. The spider turned onto his side facing his boyfriend.

Husk laid next to him and poved a strand of hair from his face.  "You okay?"

Angeldust sighed and nodded as he opened the envelope. His eyes stared at the paper in shock. "I've been clean for two months, I guess. That feels so weird to say "

"That's great though!" Husk cheered. He wrapped his arms around Angel supportively. "You're doing so much better Anthony." He said before kissing his cheek.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Angeldust left Husk's room looking for something to wear and struggling. He grabbed his phone and texted Cherribomb who appeared in his doorway in a ridiculously short amount of time.

"So where's he taking you?" She asked.

He blushed a bright pink.

"His casino."

"Oooh" she giggled and began raiding Angeldust's closet.

She pulled out like six dresses she thought fit the occasion. Some were very fancy floor length dresses. One was red and had a thigh slit on one side. There was a lilac purple one with glitter, an almost metallic, gold dress that was mid thigh length. And a pink glittery dress with a thigh slit.

She looked at Angeldust as he looked at all the dresses.

"Thoughts?" She asked.

Angeldust rubbed his chin.

"Honestly I really like the purple one, but Husk's probably gonna wear gold too." He sighed.

Cherribomb though about it.
"Accessorize with gold. Yellow and purple are complementary colors anyway so that dress would stand out." He compromised.

He hugged her tightly.

"You are the fuckin best Cherri!" She laughed. "What the hell would I do without you?" He asked.

She chuckled and checked her nails.

"Eh, crash and burn problly."

He rolled his eyes as he laughed.

"You, wanna help with my makeup?" He wondered.

"Fuck yes!"

Cherribomb gave him a 10 step skincare routine before she began doing his makeup.  Afterwards Angeldust changed into the dress while Cherribomb looked for jewelry. Angel checked himself out in the mirror and began blinking tears away. He wasn't used to liking his reflection.

"Holy fuck." He gasped.

Is this how everyone else sees me? He asked himself. Though he didn't think that could be the case. Sure some people did but, there were surely people that hated him as much as he hated himself. He chose not to think about that though.

Once he was finally done getting ready Angeldust left his room leaving Cherribomb with Fat Nuggets. He strutted down the stairs and Angeldust was right. Husk was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a golden yellow vest.

Husk watched as Angeldust moved down the stairs he looked even more beautiful than usual. Husk almost didn't think it was possible. He didn't realize it but, he was quietly purring. Angeldust finally got into the lobby and walked towards Husk who's gaze never left the spiders eyes.

"You ready to go Husky?" Angel asked. Husk shook his head as Angeldust distracted him from forming thoughts.

He nodded and wrapped an arm around Angel's waist, who rested one of his lower hands on Husk's shoulder as they walked to his car.