Flashback

Reagan, Paisley and I decided we'd have a girls day and go out for brunch, it took awhile to decide where we wanted to go but eventually we decided on Starbucks.

When we walked inside I was expecting to have to stand in a long line but surprisingly we were made top priority but when it was time to place my order I was at a loss for words.

" She'll have a bagel with cream cheese and a caffe vanilla frappé and I'll have  a sausage and cheddar sandwich  with a Carmel frappe Reagan said as she winked at the barista.

I turned to Paisley and told her I was gonna find us a place to sit and she gave me a small smile and nodded.

As if things couldn't get any worse , shortly after sitting down I saw Reagan and Paisley walking towards me and behind them was the barista. I silently prayed that I wouldn't embarrass myself again.

He handed me my food first and surprisingly I managed to get out a low thank you , I don't know why but when he said" You're welcome beautiful "it felt like everything stopped.

I felt myself blushing so I looked down until he walked away, how clever I know but I didn't know what else to do.

Once we finished eating, Paisley and Reagan said they had to go to the bathroom I believe they did that on purpose because as soon as they got up he came to sit down.

" Hey I'm Avery"

" I'm Gabriella nice to meet you "

"Um I know we just met but I was wondering if we could exchange numbers.

I was a little hesitant at first but I figured I have to stop being so shy , we switched phones and when I got mine back I noticed his contact name was Future Husband 😍😘.

I was gonna change it but he took it from me before I could so I decided to keep his phone.

" I hope you know you aren't getting your phone back until you hand over mine Avery".

" I guess we not gonna have our phones then because you're not changing my name in your phone.

Just as I was about to respond Paisley and Reagan came walking towards us, "we're gonna have to talk about this later" I mumbled to him before getting up and heading towards the door.

" What was that about? " Paisley asked

I didn't feel quite comfortable telling them what just happened because they'd make it bigger than it really is so I told her nothing.

" Mhmm sure it didn't seem like that to me" Reagan chimed in, she's forever trying to bandwagon I swear. Don't get me wrong she's manageable at times but today I wasn't feeling her so I just kept my mouth closed.

When we got back to my house, they tried to invite themselves to sleep over but I told them, today was a bad day for them to stay over because I wasn't feeling good.

" I hope you feel better girly" paisley said after giving me a hug then walking out with Reagan behind  her.

Shortly after they left and I got comfortable, I heardAvery's phone rang I temporarily forgot that we still had each others phones.

When I picked it up I noticed it was him so I answered it.

" Hello