Chapter 57 - I need you

"Can you wait a minute please?" I ask the driver politely. 

I open the door and step out, leaving my suitcase in the car. 

"Lucy! What are you doing? Where are you going?" Brad asks confused. 

"I can't stay here Brad." I sigh, looking at the floor.

"You can Lucy. Your friends are her, your family is here, we love you Lucy. I love you, I love our baby. I need you here" he grabs my hand. 

"I know everyones back here, but I can't stay here. I'm holding you back from your career. This band is your dream and I don't want to be the reason that's affected."

"You're not holding me back, I can and will still be in the band. The band won't be affected by this baby. We can make it work" he squeezes my hand. "Please Lucy,  I'm lost without you" 

"Tristan said it himself, this baby will affect the band. You will be touring lots, we're young. And I'm pretty sure Joe and Dean won't be happy about all this. I can't stay here Brad, there's no way I can. I need to do this. I don't want to, but I have to" I look down to the floor. 

"Tristan's an idiot for saying that, you know it's not true. You and the baby can come on the tours, or you can come to some of the dates. I will be here as much as I can be, you know that. If they're not, I can work around it, I can persuade them that it'll be fine" he speaks. 

"Brad, I can't. It won't work. The band is your dream. You'll probably end up leaving me anyway, I can be hard work sometimes, never mind a baby as well. You don't need me when you're in the band. You can have anyone you want. This is for the best." I sigh, I bite my lip to try and hold back the tears. I don't want this at all. I love Brad, he's the love of my life. I hate being apart from him. But if his band mates aren't happy because of all this and I'm the cause of it, then I need to make it better for them. And the only way to do that, is by going. 

"Lucy Please?" he begs. 

"I can't Brad. If we're meant to be, we'll be bought back together in the future. I love you" I sigh. I can't hold the tears back anymore, they start rolling down my cheeks. 

"I need you Lucy" he says, his tears falling too.

"I need you too. But you need this band. This isn't forever, if it's meant to be, fate will bring us back together." I manage to speak. 

"Will you tell me where you're going?" he asks. 

"I don't know.." I lie, I can't tell him because he'll only follow. This is killing me, but I can't ruin the band.

"I love you Lucy" he chokes. 

"I love you too Brad, I'll see you soon" I cry. He pulls me into a hug. 

After a few moments, we pull away. Brad leans in and plants a kiss on my lips. 

"See you soon" he looks at me. I slowly pull our hands apart and get back into the taxi. I turn my head to look at him through the window as the tears keep on falling. I lift my arm up and slowly wave as the driver starts the engine. 

Once Brad's out of sight, I sit back in the chair and tell the driver where to go. 

"Train station please" I force a smile. 

------------------

After a couple of minutes we arrive at the train station. I have 20 minutes until my train. I wipe my eyes quickly and thank the driver, paying him. 

I get out of the car with my suitcase and walk into the train station. I quickly go into a shop to buy some food for the journey and head to the platform to wait. I check my phone, I have more texts from the others. I turn my phone on airplane mode and put my earphones in starting some music. This is going to harder than I expected.