Chapter 39 - Wrong time

Bowling's just finished and now we're on our way to the beloved Nandos for some dinner to celebrate Tris and Megan. Brad, Tris, James, Connor and Kian have all walked off in front leaving Suzie, Ells, Charl, Megan and I walking behind them. To break the silence that somehow came, I decide to turn a conversation to Megan.

'Did that come as a shock to you?' I ask her. None of us knew what he was doing, it shocked all of us.

'Yeah' I didn't think he'd ever like me in that way' She looked towards him.

'I had a feeling he did' I smile.

'Really?' She raises her eyebrows suddenly turning her head to face me.

'Yeah' I look at her.

'How's things with you and Brad?' she asks.

How are things with me and him? We made up but if I'm honest, i don't really know if we're back together or not, I guess we are but what if that's not what he wants. What if he thinks I'm just accepting him back as a friend?

'I guess we're good' I look forward at Brad.

'What do you mean by guess? Didn't you sort things out?' she asks. By this point, the other girls had all got in their own conversations.

'Well we made up, but I don't know if he thinks we're just friends or back together, I'm not too sure' I sigh.

'I thought you got back together though?' she questions. Thinking about it, we kissed before going our seperate ways after we had made up, we've been pretty cosy at bowling tonight, so I guess we are back together.

'Well we are back together then thinking about it' I smile.

'You have been pretty loved up tonight' she laughs.

'And so have you and Tris' I laugh. I gently grab her arm making her slow down slowly.

'Why did you slow us down?' She asks, confusion clearly written on her face.

'Ells and Con' I smirk. 'There's something between them'

'You think?' she looks at Ells and then through the gap between Ells and Charls heads at Con.

'Look at how they've been tonight, it's clear there's something there' I look at her.

'Hmm' she replies, thinking about what's been said.

We soon arrive at Nandos and are shown to a table, luckilly it's pretty empty in here since it's not really that early and it's a school night. Brad takes a seat next to me, Con next to Ells, Tris next to Megs, Charl opposite James and Suzie next to Kian who's sat next to James. It's a pretty big table since there's a load of us. We take a few minutes to decide on our meals before going up in small groups to order. 

Once we had all finished, we sat having different conversations for a while. It's about fifteen minutes before a long, blonde haired waitress comes to our table. She stands at the end, her blue eyes staring straight towards James for a few minutes before she realises that she'd been staring and tries to snap herself out of her trance, a bit too late since every one of us at this table realised. Her eyes always staying fixed on James. What is it with her and him. I look towards James with a confused look on my face, he looks down and rests his head on his hand, finding anything else more interesting than the current situation.

Charl's POV

This blonde haired, blue eyed, average height waitress has been stood here staring at James for almost five minutes, what is it with her and him. I slowly drag my eyes away from her and look at James who now has his head resting on his hand, looking down. Clearly there's something going on here that no one else knows about, I quickly glance at this waitress again before looking towards Lucy quickly. She tries to vaguely shake her head, knowing I'm about to speak up but I decide to anyway. I look back at the waitress before quickly processing something to say in my head.