Chapter 42 - I want you

Charl's POV

I've not spoken to James since the situation in Nandos the other day. Lucy told me who the waitress was and that it hurt James seeing me angry but I guess it's not the same not hearing it from him, himself and he's not bothered texting to fix things so we'll just see what happens.

I slept round Lucy's last night since Megan and Tris were going on a date, I left the apartment empty incase they happened to want to do anything. It's now 9:30 and both Lucy and I are just leaving her house, she has to be at work for 10. It's pouring down with rain and I have around a 10 minute walk before I get back to the apartment. After letting out a small sigh, I reach into my bag, pulling out my phone and earphones, plugging them in before clicking on a song to play.

The music suddenly goes quieter for a second indicating that I have a text. I pull my phone out my pocket to check it.

1 message from Brad

Hey Charl, not heard from you in a while, are you okay? x

1 message to Brad

Hey Brad, sorry haha, I was at Lucy's last night. I'm good I guess, how are you?  x

Brad's always been there for me since I moved to Birmingham, he's the only one that fully knows why. Although Ells and Lucy are my best friends and I'd trust them with my life if it came to it, I guess I just felt more comfortable telling Brad. He understood everything I was saying and he's been like a brother to me since he knows. I don't know why I haven't spoken to him, he'd most likely be the one to be able to tell me what it was that happened at Nandos. I'm interrupted from my thoughts by a car bibbing as it drives down the road, slowing down next to me. I turn my head to see the car. Realising it's James, I snap my head back, looking forward and focus on waking as fast as my legs could possibly take me.

'Charley' I hear him call me.

'Charl' He shouts again, I ignore it and continuing to walk.

'Charley please' he calls, his voice getting louder, meaning he's closer. I hear a door slam and look back quickly, noticing that he's now got out of his car. I think about stopping but it's too late. His hand grips onto my arm, I try to wriggle out of his grip, but it's too strong. Hesitantly, I turn round.

'What?' I ask him.

'Please just hear me out, I can explain' He looks at me, I avoid eye contact.

'You could have explained when it happened' I sigh.

'I didn't know what to say then Charl, I need to sort this out' He losens his grip on my arm. Taking the oppurtunity, I force my arm out of his grip.

'It's pouring down with rain, not even 10am and I'm cold. I want to get home' I snap. 'The last thing I want to do is stand here, in the rain discussing our problems' I finish.

'We can sit in the car or go to Starbucks or somewhere, please, 5 minutes is all I need' He pleads.

'5 minutes, go' I reluctantly reply.

James's POV

'The girl in Nandos' I start, 'She was my ex. Katy. We split up early last year, like January. She kept texting me for a few months but got the hint when I never replied. Somewhere down the line she must of moved to Birmingham, I promise you I didn't  know.  I don't live in Birmingham so I don't really know many of the locals, you, Brad and Con, and obviously the girls are the only people I know really. I swear to you Charl I don't have or want anything to do with her' I speak, hoping she'll forgive me, it's all the truth.

'I want you Charley, I want you not her' I add. I notice her look to the floor. I let out a quick sigh before looking down as well. It's still raining, we're both soaked but as long as this gets sorted, I don't really care about how much rain pours on me. After a few minutes of silence, she speaks up.

'You don't mean it' She sighs, still avoiding eye contact with me.

'I do mean it, why wouldn't I?' I ask, confused. I do mean it, she's amazing and beautiful, I've liked her since I first saw her.

'Well James, you're in a band, you could have anyone in this world, I'm just normal, you could have so much better than me, you deserve better than me' I can hear in her voice that she's holding back tears.

'Charley I promise you, I want you, I've liked you since I first saw you, you're amazing and beautiful. I don't deserve better than you,'

'James you don't mean it, you could have anyone, absolutely anyone why would you choose me?' She questions, slightly lifting her head up.

I lift my hands up to her chin, tilting her head up so she's looking at me. I slowly crash my lips onto hers, our lips moving together. I move my hands down to her waist, after a few moments, before the kiss got too heated, I pulled away from the kiss before pulling her into a hug.

'I love you' I whispered into the hug.

A/N - James and Charl spoke about their problems, well James explained it. James said he loves her :)

Shorter update, hope you liked it though.

If you could Vote, Comment and share, that'd be great! :) 

I love every one of you that's taken time to read this, over 6 thousand reads, I never expected this. It's amazing and I'm so thankful.

X