Chapter 34 - Not now

'It's just any reason I get to be closer to you' Brad's voice filled the venue. 

Yes, I turned up tonight, but on the condition we'd do all we can to not bump into Brad. 

'BRAD' Grace shouted as the venue went quiet for a second. Thank you Grace. Instantly he looked around trying to see where the call of his name came through, clearly recognising Grace's voice. I guess he shrugged it off thinking it was just any young child and continued singing Shout About It. 

A while later, the boys had all finished and the show was over for Birmingham, I have to admit it was amazing and I think  Grace enjoyed it too. 

Ells text me earlier asking me to quickly pop backstage after the show to see her, which I agreed to. That's where we're heading now. She said the boys would all be in their dressing rooms. 

'Lucy!' Ells squeals as we entered the backstage area of the venue. She pulled me straight into a hug. 

'I've missed you' I speak into the hug. 

'I've missed you too' she frowns as we pull away. 'There's a room we can go into over here' She smiles, I follow her into the room. Grace is now giving her a cuddle because let's face it, they're just like sisters too. 

'Connor told us what happened' She looks to the floor quickly. 

'I asked him to' I fake a smile. 

'You should of text me' She looks at me. 

'I know, I just didn't want to ruin tour for you, it's me and Brad's problem to deal with' I half smile. 

We sit talking for around ten minutes before I decide it's time to leave because it's way past Grace's bed time. I promise Ells I'll text her before we say goodbye and I leave the room. 

The last thing I wanted to happen, there he was walking this way. I knew he was going to say something and before I could even do anything about it, he spoke up. 

'L-Lucy' He spoke. Grace heard Brad and begged to go and see him which I tried to distract her. We soon reached Brad and he put his arm out to attempt to stop me walking. 

'Please hear me out' He asks, avoiding any eye contact with me. 

I ignore what he said and try to carry on walking but Grace calls his name and fights against my grip, jumping out of my arms and running to Brad. 

'Lucy please' He asks, gripping my arm. 

'Not now Brad' I snap. 

He sighs before giving Grace a quick cuddle and also tells her he'll see her soon before telling her to come back to me. She started stropping so I walked back and lifted her up. By this time, because of all her screaming, Connor, Tris, James, Ells, Megan and Charl had all left the rooms they were in to see what all the noise was. I shot them a quick smile before rushing through the venue to get back home. 

Just as we got outside the venue, I heard my name being called, but since I couldn't recognise the voice and guessing it was Brad, I shrugged it off. I realised I was wrong when I felt someone's arm on my shoulder and came face to face with Connor. 

'Oh, uh hey' I quickly smiled, adjusting the position Grace was in, who was now resting her head on my shoulder. 

'Thank you for coming' He smiled, pulling me into a hug, which may I add, was quite awkward whilst holding Grace. As we pull away, I quickly smile, not really knowing what to answer. 

'And I'm honestly so sorry you bumped into Brad, it was bad timing' he nervously laughs. 

'It's not your fault, I guess I'll have to speak to him soon anyway' I sigh. 'I'll leave it till after tour, he can do without any problems between me and him while he's on tour' I smile. 

'As long as we get to see you again soon' he smiles. 

'Of course you will' I laugh. 'I can't lose you guys' 

'I can't lose you either, so lets make sure that doesn't happen' He replies. 

'It won't happen' I smile. 

'Good, I'll let you go and get Grace to bed' he smiles, quickly waving to Grace and saying hello to her quickly. 

'I'll see you soon' I say as I pull him into a quick hug to say goodbye. 

-------------------------------------------------

It took about 10 minutes to get home, I walked instead of getting a Taxi, it's nice to get some fresh air and Grace also wanted to walk for some of it which tired her out so now she's asleep. I locked the front door making sure everywhere else downstairs was locked before grabbing a drink and going up to bed. I layed and thought about tonights events, mainly the bumping into Brad and now it's too late, I'm realising I probably should of heard him out. I'm currently debating with myself over whether to text Brad and say I'm sorry for snapping earlier or not, I mean all he wanted to do was try and sort things out. After taking a sip of my drink, I decided to leave it till the morning. 

I open up the twitter app, waiting for my timeline to update. I favourited a few tweets before closing the app and leaving my phone on my bedside table so I could get to sleep. 

A/N - She saw Ells again :) James, Tris and Brad will be back in more in the next few chapters 

Hope you liked it 

X