Chapter 21 - Save it Brad

I made myself a drink and me and Con went back into the living room. We sat for about 5 minutes before telling everyone we're going for a walk. 

"We're going to go for a walk to the park, anyone want to come?" Connor asks looking at everyone else. 

James, Tris and Charl said no. Ells and Megan agreed and Brad stayed quiet. Mum's obviously staying at home with Grace because she's going to bed soon.

"Brad?" Connor asked. 

"I - uh I'll stay here" He looked at Connor. 

"Ok" Connor smiled. 

 We all put our shoes on before grabbing our phones and I grabbed my keys, leaving to go to the park. It's only a 5 minute walk. I stayed at the back with Connor whilst Ells and Megan walked ahead together. I'm glad Ells is fine with Megan now, she's a nice girl. 

"I'm kind of happy Brad didn't come" Connor looks at me. 

"Why?" I look back at him.

"You can relax, you barely spoke. I know you don't want him there" He looks back ahead.

"I don't want to see him right now if I'm honest" I quickly look at him again. He stops walking and pulls me into a hug. 

"It'll be okay" He smiles. 

"It's all his fault what happened yesterday Connor. He ditched me on our date, and because He broke His girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend's heart, I got kidnapped. It's all his fault. Part of me hates him Connor, but I kind of love him. I don't know how to feel" I sigh. 

"I know it's his fault, he's going to have to do a heck of a lot to make up for this. We can talk to him tomorrow if you want?" Connor says as we pull away from the hug and he wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk te rest of the way to the park. 

"If you don't mind" I smile. "I just don't really want mum to find out what happened, she'll stop me talking to him and I'll lose contact with you, James and Tris" I sigh. 

"I'll never stop talking to you" He laughs. "You can't get rid of me that easy" He unwraps his arm from my shoulder as we reach the park and we both race ahead of Ells and Megan to get a swing each. 

"Heeeyy" Ells pouts. "I wanted a swing" she pulls a puppy dog face at Connor and I burst out laughing. 

"Sit on my lap then you idiot" He laughs. Megan laughs and runs off to a slide. Ells takes a seat on Connors lap. I start swinging gently and pull my phone out my pocket, I see a text. I open it up to see who it's from.... It's Brad. 

1 message from Brad

What's up? You've barely spoken. You can't even look at me. x

I sigh at the message. Surely he knows what he's done, is he stupid? Does he not realise he ditched me on our date. So much for 'Anything for you' that he said that night. 

"What's up?" Ells looks at me. I don't reply, instead I show her the message. 

"What is he doing? Does he not know he ditched you" She moans. 

"What am I meant to say?" I look at her and Connor. 

"Tell him,  he needs to know." Connor looks at me. 

"I guess" I let out another sigh before typing a reply. 

1 message to Brad

You, ditching me last night. That's whats up Brad. So much for 'Anything for you'