Chapter 18 - No signal

"HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND" I snap. At this point I'm trying to get my phone out my bag to text or call someone. My shaking is making it hard though,  as well as the fact I'm trying to be secretive. 

I finally find my phone and try to calm my shaking so I can unlock it and call Ells. I scroll through my contacts quickly and tap Ells repeatedly to make it call her. 

Crap. 

No signal. 

I wait a few seconds to see if I get signal, which I do so I tap the screen quickly to call her and it rings a couple of times before she answers. This unknown person is about to speak up I can tell, I make sure my volume is down so we can't hear Ells but she can hear us. 

"You've been out with him, going on dates, you're close with him. I'm not stupid." He bluntly replies. 

"Let me go, I haven't done anything, he isn't my boyfriend, I swear all my life. We're just friends" I spoke up. 

"I told you, you're going to pay for that boyfriend of yours breaking my sisters heart." He scoffs. 

"Well why am I being punished? It's not me that broke her heart? And he's not my boyfriend" I question. 

"Because you're the closest thing to him" 

"IM NOT" I scream. I notice the phonecall had disconnected and my signal had gone again. I shove my phone back in my bag, at least Ells knows somethings happening, I'll try and text her later. 

I feel the car jolt to a stop so I jump to the window to look at where we are. I tug at the door handle to try and open the door, but it's useless. Unknown guy jumps out the car before coming to the door I'm at. He opens the door and quickly grabs my arm so I can't go anywhere. He pulls me out the car shutting the door after me before locking the car and dragging me into some house. 

"LET ME GO!" I scream. He grips my arm tighter and drags me through the house and locks me in a room at the back. I hear the door slam and I rush to the window trying to open it. It's stuck. I grab my phone out my bag and luckilly I have enough signal to send a text. 

1 message to Ells

Help

Help probably isn't the best thing to send, how's she going to know where I am?

1 message to Ells

I've been locked in some room in a house, I have no idea where I am Help me Ells I'm scared.

I hear the door open again and footsteps follow. I rush to the door hoping they're letting me out. They don't. 

"Why are you doing this to me?" I call through the door. 

"I told you" After about 10 minutes he leaves, leaving something playing in another room. 

I go back to the window, trying to open it again. Gradually it starts moving and after about 20 minutes of trying, I have it open slightly. I push at it as hard as humanly possible to try. I manage to get it open enough to climb out. 

I make sure I have my bag and phone and climb out the window where I now enter a small garden. I look around and find a fence low enough for me to climb. I run over to it, still shaking and climb over as quickly as I can. I find myself now on a path. I run until I am a few streets away. I see a park and sit on the swing. I grab my phone out my bag and phone Ells. 

"I managed to get out the room" 

"Luc where are you?" She asks quickly. 

"At a park, I don't really know Ells" I reply.